HCMC led the daily tally with 1,059 cases, followed by Binh Duong (537) and Dong Nai (517). The country conducted more than 107,000 tests over the past 24 hours.
63 deaths were recorded, with 38 cases in Ho Chi Minh City, 13 in Binh Duong, two each in Dong Nai, Kien Giang, Soc Trang and Dak Lak and one each in Quang Ngai, Bac Lieu, Binh Thuan and Dak Nong.
The total coronavirus death toll so far is 21,194, accounting for around 2.4 percent of all infections.
1,340 Covid-19 patients were announced recovered, bringing the number of recoveries to 791,844.
Of more than 51,000 patients under treatment, 3,413 are severe cases.
Over 61.9 million have been vaccinated, with more than 17.8 million receiving two doses.
As Vietnam has switched from the zero-Covid strategy to living with it, the country has issued a directive on evaluating the pandemic level in each locality that comprises two criteria: the proportion of people aged 18 and more getting vaccinated, and the number of new cases per 100,000 people in a week.
Based on those measurement tools, the government designates infected areas into red, orange, yellow and green, meaning ‘very high risk, ‘high’, ‘medium risk’, and ‘low risk.’ Localities can decide to relax restrictions based on their risk levels.
Cao Bang, Lao Cai, Bac Ninh, Nam Dinh in the north, and Binh Thuan in the central region have classified themselves as ‘low risk’ areas, while Vinh Phuc, Hung Yen, Da Nang, Long An and Binh Phuoc are with medium risks.
HCMC is now a 'high risk' area.
- Vietnam records US$500 billion in imports, exports
- Putting new, local voices on Myanmar’s airwaves.
- Officials altered records in bisexual prison officer case, judge says
- Disturbing moment a group of seven teens launch a savage attack on Orthodox Jew walking in Brooklyn - the 14th incident of anti-Semitic violence recorded in New York in four weeks
- WWF helps Vietnam combat wildlife trafficking
- Measles cases on the rise in Vietnam and the world
- Vietnam’s first casino for locals begins profitably
- Vietnam’s CPI growth in 2019 hits three-year low
- New Year celebrations of Giay ethnic people
- Three key policies taking effect in mid-April in Vietnam
- HEINEKEN Vietnam delivering further sustainable initiatives
- Vietnam makes 'impressive' growth despite global slowdown
- The Twenties roar in! Millions of Britons party into the night as fireworks signal the start of a new decade
- Pressure to meet holiday demand mounts as Hanoi’s flower farmers prepare for Lunar New Year frenzy
- The Latest: Weinstein: I ‘won the lottery’ with new lawyer
- Shootings, impeachment drama among New Jersey’s top stories
- Robert Kraft Could Face Felony Charge In Relation To Prostitution Case
- Year In Review 2019: The Biggest Stories On CBS New York
- New Jersey Serial Killer Admits To Three More Slayings
- What Does 25 Grams of Weed Look Like, Anyway?: A Guide to NYC’s New Marijuana Policy
Vietnam records 3,175 new local Covid cases have 447 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.