Ambassador Pham Hai Anh, Deputy Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the U.N., welcomed the resumption of high-level dialogue between Pristina and Belgrade under European Union auspices, but expressed regret that the dialogue has yet to produce satisfactory results due to differences between the two sides.
He emphasized the importance of peaceful dialogue and the search for lasting solutions for Kosovo on the basis of international law, the U.N. Charter, and the UNSC's Resolution 1244 on the deployment of international civil and security presence in Kosovo, for peace, stability and development of Belgrade, Pristina, the Balkans and Europe.
The diplomat urged the sides concerned to work harder to explore opportunities for high-level talks and implement reached agreements, especially the Brussels Agreements. He also acknowledged the UNMIK's crucial role in the promotion of security and stability in the area, efforts to build trust among the communities in Kosovo and discussions with Belgrade and Pristina.
The U.N. Security Council, by its Resolution 1244 (1999), authorized the U.N. Secretary-General to establish an international civil presence in Kosovo – the UNMIK – in order to provide an interim administration for Kosovo under which the people of Kosovo could enjoy substantial autonomy.
- First Vietnam-Canada Defense Policy Dialogue held virtually
- Vietnam highlights solutions for economic recovery in Mekong sub-region
- Simone Biles Withdraws From Team Competition, Highlights Importance Of Mental Health
- Vietnam, US hold defense policy dialogue in Washington DC
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 31
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 31
- Vietnam attends 54th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- Vietnam calls for end to violence in West Bank
- Vietnam concerned about unequal COVID-19 vaccination among nations
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 19
- Training opens for green bond verifiers in Vietnam
- Vietnam welcomes efforts by UN centre for preventive diplomacy in Central Asia
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 3
- Pushing for Serbia-Kosovo Peace Deal, U.S. Roils Allies
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 30 (Updated hourly)
- Vietnam, Canada hold first online defence policy dialogue
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 23
- Vietnam serves as coordinator for ASEAN-RoK relations
- Vietnam – UK’s leading partner in Asia-Pacific: British Minister of State for Asia
Vietnam highlights importance of peaceful dialogue in Kosovo have 336 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.