The Ministry of Health announced 3,636 more COVID-19 patients in Vietnam on Thursday, together with 1,541 recoveries and 71 fatalities.
The latest cases, including 18 imported and 3,618 local infections, were found in 50 provinces and cities, the health ministry said, adding that 1,649 patients were detected in the community.
Ho Chi Minh City reported 1,255 of the domestically-infected cases, Binh Duong Province 483, Dong Nai Province 390, Tay Ninh Province 185, An Giang Province 174, Soc Trang Province 109, Bac Lieu Province 102, Binh Thuan Province 78, Khanh Hoa Province 40, Can Tho City 23, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 18, and Hanoi nine.
Vietnam had documented 3,635 locally-acquired infections on Wednesday.
The country has recorded 872,811 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave emerged on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City leads the table with 422,201 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 227,328, Dong Nai Province with 60,081, Long An Province with 33,999, Tien Giang Province with 15,331, Dong Thap Province with 9,334, Khanh Hoa Province with 8,629, Da Nang with 4,942, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,441, and Hanoi with 4,374.
Vietnam registered only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry logged 1,541 recoveries on Thursday, bringing the total to 798,124.
The toll has spiked to 21,487 deaths after the ministry confirmed 72 fatalities on the same day, including 41 in Ho Chi Minh City and 12 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has found 873,901 infections since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have given more than 68.8 million vaccine doses, including 1,728,941 shots on Wednesday, since vaccination was rolled out on March 8.
Over 19.4 million people have been fully inoculated.
Health authorities target to inoculate at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- New strain of Strep A that is NINE TIMES more aggressive is 'behind the record-high number of cases of scarlet fever in England'
- Nigeria reports 5 new Ebola cases, as WHO considers declaring global emergency
- How anti-vaccine movements threaten global health
- Measles outbreak plateau? New weekly US cases hover near 20, CDC report reveals
- Justice Ministry urged to cut, clarify regulations
- Ministry expects all HIV patients covered by health insurance
- Vietnam exports rambutan to New Zealand
- New Zealand gives go-ahead to fresh Vietnamese rambutan
- Inter-gov’l committee’s meeting creates new momentum for Vietnam-Laos ties
- Customs agency faces large-scale smuggling cases
- NHS medics fail to spot nearly half of cancers in time because of a crippling staff shortage, new report reveals
- St. Michael’s research project analyzes the overall health of 140 Toronto neighbourhoods
- Unethical Breeding Is Creating Serious Health Problems for German Shepherds
- Health bosses say 11,000 NHS patients die every year 'because staff are too afraid to admit mistakes' in attack on 'blame culture'
- British health experts are as 'certain as EVER' that vaping is less harmful than smoking cigarettes - despite spate of 34 deaths in the US linked to e-cigs
- Otsuka and Proteus Digital Health Announce Expanded Collaboration Agreement to Advance Digital Medicines for Mental Health
- New lab tests didn't find asbestos in recalled baby powder, Johnson & Johnson says
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- Vietnam ministry verifies rumors of fatal ‘natural childbirth’ in Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnam health ministry records 3,636 new coronavirus cases have 513 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.