The Ministry of Health logged 3,646 additional COVID-19 patients in Vietnam on Wednesday, along with 1,737 recoveries and 72 fatalities.
The latest cases, including 11 imported and 3,635 local infections, were documented in 50 provinces and cities, the health ministry said, elaborating that 1,810 patients were detected in the community.
Ho Chi Minh City reported 1,347 of the domestically-infected cases, Binh Duong Province 492, Dong Nai Province 305, An Giang Province 194, Soc Trang Province 100, Bac Lieu Province 99, Can Tho City 44, Khanh Hoa 39, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 13, Hanoi ten, and Da Nang eight.
Vietnam had detected 3,027 locally-acquired infections on Tuesday.
The country has registered 869,193 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave emerged on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City tops the list 420,946 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 226,845, Dong Nai Province with 59,691, Long An Province with 33,856, Tien Giang Province with 15,249, Dong Thap Province with 9,300, Khanh Hoa Province with 8,589, Da Nang with 4,942, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,423, and Hanoi with 4,365.
Vietnam recorded only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry reported 1,737 recoveries on Wednesday, bringing the total to 796,583.
The toll has increased to 21,416 deaths after the ministry logged 72 fatalities on the same day, including 43 in Ho Chi Minh City and eight in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has documented 873,901 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered more than 67 million vaccine doses, including 1,990,538 shots on Tuesday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
Over 19 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities target to inoculate at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Vietnam has no new COVID-19 cases to report on December 16
- Vietnam records 10 new COVID-19 cases on December 28
- Vietnam records 10 new COVID-19 cases, 1,451 in total
- Vietnam records 5 new COVID-19 cases, 1,402 in total
- Vietnam records 6 new COVID-19 cases, 1,439 in total
- Vietnam reports one imported COVID-19 case over last 24 hours
- Coronavirus cases: India records 24,337 new COVID-19 cases, 333 fatalities in last 24 hours
- First time since April, Dharavi reports no new COVID-19 case
- U.S. Reports Another Record-Breaking Day of New COVID-19 Cases
- 1,194 new COVID-19 cases registered across State
- Orange County Reports 3,445 New COVID-19 Cases, Breaks Hospitalization Record Again
- No new COVID-19 cases in community on October 11 morning
- Delhi sees 758 new Covid-19 cases, lowest since August 16
- Delhi records 871 new Covid-19 cases as recoveries cross 600,000
- Ahead of holidays, China ramps up measures to control new Covid-19 cases
- Live Updates: Germany Registers 16,643 New COVID-19 Cases
- Coronavirus cases: India records 22,065 new COVID-19 cases; nationwide tally reaches 99,06,165
- Puducherry sees 34 new COVID-19 cases, 44 recoveries
- 38 new COVID-19 cases reported in Puducherry
- Gujarat reports 1,160 new Covid-19 cases
Vietnam finds 3,646 new COVID-19 cases have 439 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.