The Ministry of Health reported 3,639 additional COVID-19 infections in Vietnam on Tuesday, as the number of vaccine doses given nationwide is approaching 75 million.
The latest cases, including three imported and 3,592 local infections, were logged in 49 provinces and cities, the health ministry said, noting that 1,431 patients were detected in the community.
Ho Chi Minh City documented 783 of the domestically-infected cases, Binh Duong Province 528, Dong Nai Province 481, An Giang Province 290, Dak Lak Province 162, Tien Giang Province 121, Tay Ninh Province 120, Kien Giang Province 118, Tra Vinh Province 108, Bac Lieu Province 106, Can Tho City 57, Khanh Hoa Province 45, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 33, Hanoi 18, and Da Nang two.
Vietnam had registered 3,620 locally-acquired infections on Monday.
The Southeast Asian country has recorded 891,389 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave emerged on April 27, 807,473 them having recovered from the respiratory disease.
Ho Chi Minh City tops the table with 426,873 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 229,885, Dong Nai Province with 62,471, Long An Province with 34,294, Tien Giang Province with 15,858, Dong Thap Province with 9,476, Khanh Hoa Province with 8,843, Da Nang with 4,956, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,567, and Hanoi with 4,439.
Vietnam documented only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 2,989 recoveries on Tuesday, taking the total to 810,290.
The toll has climbed to 21,802 deaths after the ministry confirmed 64 fatalities on the same day, including 27 in Ho Chi Minh City and 14 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has found 896,174 infections since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered nearly 75 million vaccine doses, including 920,398 shots on Monday, since vaccination was rolled out on March 8.
Over 21.8 million people have been fully inoculated.
Health authorities target to inoculate at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- A new Lyme disease vaccine will soon be tested on Americans and Europeans
- 9 dangerous diseases that could be prevented by vaccines within the next decade, from HIV to cancer
- South Korea reports eight new MERS cases
- Local health office alarmed over rise of HIV/AIDS cases in Ilocos Sur
- 2 scientists are locked in a race to develop a groundbreaking vaccine for heroin, but it might not be a ‘magic bullet’
- Anti-cervical cancer vaccination in public schools set – DepEd
- Dengue vaccine not deadly – Palace
- 3 things that explain America’s vaccine hysteria
- UNICEF procured $33-M vaccines for PH in 2015, 2016
- DOH-7 monitors some 160,000 children vaccinated for dengue
- One dose of HPV vaccine wards off cervical cancer
- Justice probes Garin role in vaccine deal
- No new dengue vaccination program yet: DOH
- Ebola vaccine shows promise in first trials
- Preventing Cervical Cancer Though HPV Vaccines
- Syrian civil war prompts polio vaccination effort
- Philracom moves on equine vaccinations
- Senegal confirms Ebola case as outbreak hits 5th W. African country
- Country’s 1st Zika pregnancy case reported in Cebu City
- I took a $400,000 Rolls-Royce Dawn convertible on a road trip through New Jersey — and it blew me away
Vietnam detects 3,595 new COVID-19 cases, administered vaccine doses near 75mn have 490 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.