The committee said in a report that apart from VND18.1 trillion ($795 million) from the state budget, the Covid-19 vaccine fund has raised VND8.693 trillion, which means Vietnam now has around VND26.8 trillion, sufficient for purchasing vaccines needed to inoculate 75 million of its 96 million population.
The vaccine fund was set up in May to raise contributions from various sources, including private companies and citizens, to ease the state budget's burden.
By the end of September, Vietnam had spent VND15.534 trillion buying vaccines – VND7.96 trillion from the vaccine fund and the rest from the state budget, the committee said.
The nation now has VND11.27 trillion left – VND10.53 trillion from the state budget and VND733 billion from the vaccine fund – that can be used to purchase more vaccine doses.
Vietnam aims to procure 150 million doses of vaccines at an estimated cost of VND25.2 trillion to cover 70 percent of its population this year, the Health Ministry had announced earlier.
In a report sent to the National Assembly, the government said that by mid-October, Vietnam had secured deals for 191.5 million Covid-19 vaccine doses as aid and via commercial contracts.
The nation had received 92.5 million doses so far.
As of Wednesday, over 49 million people had received at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot and 19.5 million people had been fully vaccinated.
- All the Crime, All the Time: How Citizen Works
- Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls due at Oakdale’s Dome April 19
- U.S. citizen from Southern California remains jailed in Vietnam, disappointed that Trump didn’t help
- AP News in Brief 02-28-19
- From bombers to Big Macs: Vietnam a lesson in reconciliation
- At summit in Vietnam, North Korea leader will see lesson in reconciliation
- At summit in Vietnam, North Korean leader will see lesson in reconciliation
- For family of California man detained in Vietnam, the summit fizzle was personal
- Legislative committee to act on Maine vaccination bill
- From the archives: Vietnam vet from Kutztown reunites with medic who saved his life
- Eighty-four newest U.S. citizens share eagerness to make their mark: ‘We have a home now’
- Letters: John McCain deserves better; Can citizens be left to decide fate of death penalty?; and more (3/24/19)
- The Nooner for 03-27-19
- Letters: Protect the view; Kroenke one of the “little guys”?; Take the flu shot seriously; more responses (10/4/19)
- AP News in Brief 02-11-19
- Idaho House approves two contentious options for tightening citizen initiative process
- AP News in Brief 02-18-19
- AP News in Brief 03-09-19
- The Nooner for 03-18-19
- AP News in Brief 03-23-19
Vietnam can buy Covid-19 vaccines for all citizens have 413 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.