HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam and Singapore sought ways to strengthen their defence ties at the 12th defence policy dialogue held via videoconference on Tuesday.
The event was co-chaired by Vietnamese Deputy Minister of National Defence Sen. Lieut. Gen. Hoàng Xuân Chiến, and Singapore's Permanent Secretary for Defence Chan Heng Kee.
Chiến thanked the Singaporean Ministry of National Defence for its support for military and defence activities and conferences within ASEAN 2020 when Việt Nam served as ASEAN Chair.
For his part, Chan congratulated Việt Nam on its successful assumption of the ASEAN Chairmanship last year.
The two sides shared the view that despite complex developments of COVID-19, the bilateral defence ties have been implemented in a flexible manner and reaped marked achievements.
Việt Nam and Singapore have maintained the operation of the Joint Working Group on Defence Cooperation and the defence policy dialogue, and personnel training, while closely coordinating in multilateral mechanisms and events.
They agreed to continue cooperation in delegation exchange, personnel training, mutual consultancy and support at ASEAN military-defence activities, and maintain ASEAN's stance on regional and international security issues.
Chiến suggested the Singaporean defence ministry help its Vietnamese counterpart with COVID-19 vaccines, treatment drugs and other medical supplies to serve the pandemic combat. — VNS
- Singapore, US hold 11st security policy dialogue
- India, Singapore hold 5th defence dialogue
- Viet Nam economy set to bounce back in 2021: forum
- Viet Nam GDP to grow by 8 per cent: Oxford Economics
- Investors to explore business opportunities at India - Viet Nam investment forum
- US won't impose tariffs or sanctions on Viet Nam’s exports
- Viet Nam posts remarkable economic achievements in 2016-20 period
- Việt Nam attends forum preparing for 2021 Shangri-La Dialogue
- 13th National Party Congress – new milestone in Việt Nam’s development process
- US won't impose tariffs or sanctions on Việt Nam’s exports
- Singaporean scholar impressed by Việt Nam’s successes
- Diplomacy helps raise Việt Nam’s position in international arena: veteran diplomat
- Singapore, Brunei reaffirm to enhance bilateral defence cooperation
- Looking back at Việt Nam’s external affairs over the past 35 years
- Việt Nam’s foreign policy greatly enhances the country’s position: expert
- “Make in Việt Nam” key to Việt Nam’s target of high income by 2045: researcher
- Việt Nam posts remarkable economic achievements in 2016-20 period
- Việt Nam economy set to bounce back in 2021: forum
- Việt Nam GDP to grow by 8 per cent: Oxford Economics
- Việt Nam to tighten border controls to prevent spread of COVID-19
Việt Nam, Singapore hold 12th defence policy dialogue have 433 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.