HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam is striving to give two COVID-19 vaccine shots to 95 per cent of 8.1 million children aged between 12 and 17 years old in the fourth quarter of 2021, according to the Ministry of Health.
According to Deputy Minister of Health Đỗ Xuân Tuyên, the ministry is designing a roadmap implementing COVID-19 vaccination for children, initially for children from 12-17 years old.
The ministry is scheduled to issue guidelines on the implementation of the work on October 15.
Tuyên said that the ministry is also making a list of children from 3-11 years old, while seeking vaccine sources. It is also gathering ideas from experts and scientists so as to be ready to give guidance on vaccinations for this group.
Together with the country’s progress in vaccination, the education-training and health sector are working together to make plans of vaccination for particular groups of children, thus generally reopening schools.
Tuên asked localities to direct their departments of Education and Training to review and assess the pandemic prevention and control work in order to allow students to return to school.
At a working session with representatives from the Ministry of Education and Training on Tuesday, Deputy Prime Minister Vũ Đức Đam said that the Government has issued a resolution that sets a target of basically controlling COVID-19 in the whole country by the end of this year, returning to the new normal situation. Therefore, the Ministry of Education and Training's plans should match that goal, he asked.
The Ministry of Education and Training was requested to review regulations on pandemic safety at school in the current circumstance when teachers and parents are fully vaccinated and students from 12-17 are to receive vaccine shots soon.
So far, over 57 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been injected for people aged 18 years old and above across the country, including over 39 million people, or 54 per cent of the total adults, receiving the first shots, and 16 million others, or over 22 per cent, have got the full two shots. — VNS
- 17-year-old gives online classes to poor students; plans to build an application to provide online education
- Cooper Hoffman, the 17-year-old son of Philip Seymour Hoffman, will make his feature film debut in Paul Thomas Anderson's new 1970s ensemble
- Kenosha erupts in fiery riots for a fourth consecutive night after a 17-year-old was charged with shooting dead two BLM protesters during previous evening's chaos as Trump promises to deploy federal agents to restore order
- Prosecutors Released A Timeline Of 17-Year-Old Kyle Rittenhouse Shooting Three People At A Kenosha Protest
- 'Shoot me, n*****': White BLM protester shot dead by 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha was filmed moments before taunting armed men with the N-word
- 'He probably would have been killed.' Donald Trump DEFENDS accused double murderer Kyle Rittenhouse saying 17-year-old was 'very violently attacked' before he opened fire in Kenosha and refuses to condemn vigilantes on eve of visiting violence-scarred city
- Retired MLB slugger Aubrey Huff is slammed for 'disgusting' tweet after calling Kyle Rittenhouse 'a national treasure' following the 17-year-old's arrest for 'killing BLM protestors'
- 51-year-old woman with kidney failure becomes Việt Nam's 30th COVID-19 death: health ministry
- The constitution of the socialist republic of Viet Nam
- JICA proud to be part of Viet Nam’s development progress: Chief Representative
- Viet Nam’s production decreases for second month running in August
- Aspiring boxer, 19, reveals he's been left with the lungs of an 80-year-old lifelong smoker after vaping for just SIX MONTHS and struggles to even walk up the stairs
- How 11-year-old Nigerian boy went from dancing barefoot in the streets to viral ballet star
- Hong Kong police criticized for tackling 12-year-old to the ground during protests
- 50-year-old man charged with molesting two minor Covid-19 patients in Tripura
- Shocking X-ray image shows five-year-old girl's stomach stuffed with 190 magnetic beads after she swallowed the toy balls while playing
- Bao Viet Tokio Marine Insurance Co Ltd aims to strengthen brand position in Viet Nam
- Tokio Marine Insurance Co Ltd aims to strengthen brand position in Viet Nam
- Tokio Marine Insurance Vietnam Co Ltd aims to strengthen brand position in Viet Nam
- Viet Nam’s construction market forecast to lure more foreign investors
Việt Nam aims to have 95 per cent of children from 12-17 years old vaccinated this year have 688 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.