The "travel bubble" model has been billed as a potential means for Ho Chi Minh City to recover its tourism sector, which has been frozen for many months.
Under a "travel bubble" tour, visitors would mostly take part in outdoor activities such as exploring mangrove forests and rivers and only have close contact with members of their package tour.
All tourists, guides, drivers, operators, and logistics workers at tourism sites must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and test negative, while closely following the Ministry of Health's "5K message".
The model is being applied on two tours to Can Gio and Cu Chi in the city.
Bubble tours are initially being offered to frontline COVID-19 workers.
"This is the first time I have visited this place. It's interesting to take a river tour and taste local seafood, said Dr Trinh Tien Dung from the Central Hospital 71 in Thanh Hoa province. "I'll try some crab fishing later on."
For many travel companies, "travel bubble" tours like this would a positive move to kick-start their business.
The most stringent requirements of a "travel bubble" are strictly following pandemic prevention regulations, all visitors having "green cards", and destinations being "green zones".
Nguyen Minh Man, Media Director from the TST Tourist Service and Trading Corporation, said: "We will look at the efficiency of a travel bubble and try to make it more suitable in safely adapting to the pandemic."
The "travel bubble" model is currently only designed for tourists in Ho Chi Minh City. The local tourism sector and travel companies are now rushing to develop new tours and tourism products while expanding "travel bubble" activities to elsewhere.
"We will develop overnight tours to promote local tourism while improving fishing trips in the district," said Nguyen Van Hong, Chairman of the Can Gio District People's Committee in Ho Chi Minh City.
Ho Chi Minh City will apply the "travel bubble" model until the end of this year to restore its tourism activities. An expansion of regional tourism and a shared travel policy among localities will be significant in fully recovering the spearhead economic sector./.
- HCM City to host Asian-Pacific cities’ tourism promotion forum
- Africa: Travelling Across the Sahara Has Become a Crime
- Nigeria: Medical Tourism
- The traveller’s planet
- Tunisia: Tunisair Braces for Record Number of Travellers in Summer Season (CEO)
- 11 Ways to Save Money When Booking Travel
- Tanzania: Strategies Afoot to Boost Southern Zone Tourism
- Zimbabwe: Climate-Friendly Initiatives and Actions Essential for Tourism
- Kenya: Sh6 Million Lamu Cultural Centre to Help Boost County's Tourism
- Tanzania: Govt Warns Fraudsters in Tourism Sector
- Ethiopia: Musician Assumes Post to Lead Tourism Organisation
- Angola: Govt Vows to Reduce Risk of Introducing Ebola in Country
- Malawi: 'Cycling Can Boost Tourism for Malawi'
- Ethiopia: More Works to Promote Tourism Potential
- Egypt: Parl't Speaker Calls On Germany to Facilitate Tourist Travel to Egypt
- Qasr-e Shirin holds untapped potential for medical tourism
- Are Sacramento home prices reaching 'bubble' bursting levels?
- Mexico jumped from the 15th to the 6th most visited country in the United Nations World Tourism Organization world rankings
- Thailand's Maya Bay Shuts – Here Are Five Other Beaches Bearing The Environmental Impact Of Tourism
- American Airlines Introduces Daily Flights to Barbados From Charlotte
“Travel bubble” introduced to restore HCM City’s tourism have 552 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.