The meeting is scheduled to take place in one and half a day at three places of 11 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan, 272 Vo Thi Sau and 255 Tran Hung Dao street. At the beginning of the meeting, the delegates spent a minute to commemorate people, frontline forces, medical workers who have sacrificed and died from Covid-19.
Attending the meeting were Mr. Nguyen Van Nen, Politburo member, Secretary of Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee ; Nguyen Thien Nhan, former Politburo member, former Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee, Head of Ho Chi Minh City Delegation of the 14th National Assembly Deputies and Deputy of the 15th National Assembly; Phan Van Mai, Member of the Party Central Committee, Standing Deputy Secretary of the HCMC Party Committee, Chairman of the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City, Head of the HCMC Delegation of the 15th National Assembly Deputies.
It is forecasted that the completion of the 2021 plan will face difficulties although the state budget revenue will not decrease sharply.
Besides, the city will continue to perform tasks, the target of socio-economic development and the implementation of the Resolution of the 13th Party Congress, the Resolution of the 11th Ho Chi Minh City Party Congress and the Resolution No. 131 of the National Assembly on the organization of urban administration in Ho Chi Minh City with specific mechanisms.
Chairwoman Le said that the delegates also approved important decisions and solutions to support agricultural production activities, businesses without revenue due to the Covid-19 impacts, call for investment in socio-economic recovery and the city development, propose the city’s socio-economic development plan and support policies in the fields of economy and education.
The city leader also expressed her thankfulness to the Party Committees and people of provinces and cities and forces nationwide and foreign countries for their supports to the Covid-19 fight in HCMC; and highly appreciated the responsibility, initiative and creativity of the Steering Committees for Covid-19 Pandemic Prevention and Control of 312 communes and towns in the past time, especially the drastic direction of the leaders of the Central and ministries, on-time supports from working groups, organizations, individuals and great contributions of frontline forces, doctors, police, medical workers military forces, civil servants, officials, volunteers in the Covid-19 fight.
Up to now, 21 districts and Thu Duc City have reached the criteria for pandemic control and are ready for the new normalcy .
By October 17, HCMC recorded 417,208 coronavirus infections, including 240,797 recovered patients from hospitals and medical facilities; the new number of infections and deaths decreased. As for adults over 18 years old, the rate of the first doses of vaccination reached nearly 99 percent and the rate of the second doses was over 76 percent.
Following the implementation of Directive No. 18 dated September 30, 2021, of the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City, the city has piloted the reopening of some socio-economic activities based on the safety criteria. These are positive signals for the city to continue to implement solutions for economic recovery and development, added Ms. Le.
Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Le required the delegates to carefully study the contents, actively discuss, express their opinions clearly and create unity for the People’s Council of Ho Chi Minh City to approve resolutions feasibly, contributing to meeting the city’s socio-economic development requirements in the new phase.
In the afternoon of October 18, the delegates shall discuss the medium-term investment plan in the period of 2021- 2025 and the socio-economy situation.
In the morning of October 19, the delegates will discuss key contents, pass the Resolution on the city’s socio-economy tasks by the end of 2021 and personnel work of the Municipal People's Committee.
By Manh Hoa – Translated by Huyen Huong
- South Gippsland council sacked: One councillor on drugs charges, another accused of misusing position
- Former HCMC Party chief loses ex-title due to past violations
- Former HCMC Party chief loses position over urban planning violations
- HCMC to open free parking space for bus passengers
- Queensland council elections see Redlands City residents criticise overdevelopment
- Lance Bass and husband Michael Turchin to attempt 10th round of IVF after surrogate miscarried at eight weeks during previous try
- UN council holds first video briefings of coronavirus era
- PM forbids nationwide gatherings of over 20 people
- Unlocking people’s potential key for BFSI players
- Coronavirus outbreak impacts jewellery demand: World Gold Council
- PM Modi to join G-20 session on COVID-19 chaired by Saudi king
- The war on drugs is racist. Donald Trump is embracing it with open arms
- Uniqlo to open second store in Saigon
- Google agrees to worker council in Europe amid recurring discord
- Coronavirus outbreak: Ludhiana MC shuts open gyms, imposes restrictions on yoga sessions
- Coronavirus: Local councils close pools, libraries, gyms, sports clubs
- Exclusive – Jeff Sessions: Fundamental Purpose of Immigration Law Is to Avoid Disease
- Government may not curtail Budget session over coronavirus outbreak
- Open gymnasium to come up at Mananchira Square
- All England Open: Viktor Axelsen, Tai Tzu Ying emerge champions
Third session of 10th HCMC People's Council opened have 1069 words, post on m.sggpnews.org.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.