At the meeting, President Phuc affirmed that the opening of the trail proved the Party’s strategic vision, creativity, wisdom, and ingenuity, contributing significantly to improving the nation’s combat capacity and creating a new development step for the Southern revolution at the time. The sea is not only a living space but also a sacred territory of the nation, he noted.
He also emphasized the importance of continuing to fully protect Vietnam’s maritime sovereignty in all situations, maintaining a peaceful and stable environment at sea for national development, and resolving disagreements and disputes through peaceful means in accordance with the Party’s and State’s policy and stance, as well as Vietnamese and international law, particularly the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982.
President Phuc hoped that each veteran would continue promoting the tradition and being an example of revolutionary heroism, courage, strong will, and relentless efforts to build the country toward prosperity.
The Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea was established to help with the transportation of weapons from the North to the Southern theater.
During the resistance war against the U.S. imperialists, the route was considered a "true legend" and a miracle of the Vietnamese nation, contributing to the final victory in the spring of 1975.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Ho Chi Minh City real estate developers urge solutions for breakthough
- Vietnam Airlines uses wide-bodied aircraft on Hanoi-Ho Chi Minh City route
- Vietnam Airlines uses wide-fuselage aircraft on Hanoi-Ho Chi Minh City route
- Vietnam tour company meets cruise ship carrying coronavirus infected passenger to Cambodia
- Billionaire Mai Vu Minh welcomed the assistant of Bosnia-Herzegovina President to pay an official visit to Vietnam
- Billionaire Mai Vu Minh welcomed the assistant of Bosnia-Herzegovina to pay an official visit to Vietnam
- Rare rallies in Vietnam say 'hands off' to China over sea row
- FMIA: Patrick Mahomes Is ‘The Whole Package,’ Running Chiefs Into Super Bowl LIV To Meet 49ers
- General Vo Nguyen Giap obituary
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 21
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 19
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 24
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 13
- Ninth grade Vietnamese boy spends day as Canada Consul General, discusses gender equality
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB.18
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 12
- More youths join the military
- Roots not forgotten as Vietnamese expats play a part in homeland’s development
- Ambassador sanguine about sound Vietnam-India relations
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES TODAY
President meets with soldiers serving Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea have 382 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.