Health workers take samples for Covid-19 testing in Viet Tri City, Phu Tho Province
Phu Tho authorities have reported 38 more Covid-19 infections on Monday morning, raising the total number of patients confirmed over the past five days to 92. Another 122 suspicious cases are awaiting further testing.
The outbreak was mostly reported in Viet Tri City, and two districts of Phu Ninh and Lam Thao. Several areas have been locked down and over 800 people have been sent to quarantine after having come into close contact with the patients.
The local healthcare department is speeding up testing activities at locked-down areas. More than 32,500 samples have been taken in the past 24 hours.
According to Phu Tho Provincial Health Department, most of the patients are primary and secondary students in Phu Ninh District.
“All of the cases were found in the community and the sources of the infections have not been identified yet,” the department said.
Vietnam has basically brought the Covid-19 pandemic under control with a falling number of infections. The country reported 3,193 infections on Sunday and the total tally was 864,053.
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 19
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 21
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 20
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 24
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 25
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 27
- Investment in healthcare: Encouraging signs for the post-pandemic economic rebound
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 29
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 18
Phu Tho faces new Covid-19 outbreak have 236 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.