MEXICO CITY (AP) — Tropical Storm Pamela weakened to a tropical depression Wednesday after slamming into Mexico's coast as a hurricane, though forecasters warned that its rainy remnants could cause flooding in parts of Texas and Oklahoma in the coming days.
Pamela made landfall early Wednesday on Mexico's Pacific Coast about 40 miles (65 kilometers) north of the resort and port city of Mazatlan, where civil defense officials said wind and rain caused minor flooding but did little damage.
The U.S. National Hurricane Center said Pamela's winds had fallen to about 35 mph (55 kph) by late afternoon. It was centered 255 miles (415 kilometers) northeast of Mazatlan and moving northeast at 28 mph (44 kph).
Forecasters said the depression was likely to dissipate by evening, but could still bring "considerable flash and urban flooding … across portions of central Texas and southeastern Oklahoma."
- Typhoon Barijat forecast to weaken as Mangkhut heads to East Sea
- Asia markets fall after Trump announces Mexico tariffs
- Mexico landslides leave 38 dead as new storm forms
- Trump says '100 percent' ready to shut down Mexico border
- Trump says "100pc" ready to shut down Mexico border
- Typhoon Haiyan death toll rises to 13 Haiyan makes landfall, weakens into depression
- Hurricane Michael death toll hits 13
- Strong quake near Mexico City kills at least 149
- US allies hit back at Washington's steel, aluminum tariffs
- Vietnam not neglect though typhoon Mangkhut weakens
- Hurricane Michael death toll hits 16
- 40 dead in Tropical Storm Earl in Mexico
- Mexico president elect says will invite Trump to inauguration
- Vietnam eyes US avocado market after Trump spat with Mexico
- Higher Fed interest rate could weaken Vietnamese currency
- Weakening yuan underpins surge in Chinese exports to Vietnam
- China provinces brace for heavy rainfall as typhoon heads west
- Storm Wipha heading for northern coastal localities
- Trump surveys devastated Texas as Harvey rages on
- Mexico fireworks market blasts kill at least 31, injure scores
Pamela weakens after hitting Mexico, heads toward Texas have 296 words, post on www.denverpost.com at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.