HÀ NỘI — Over 136,300 tonnes of free rice was distributed from the national reserve to people affected by the pandemic between August 16 to October 8, The General Department of State Reserves has announced.
HCM City received over 71,000 tonnes of free rice to help thousands of people facing difficulties due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Another 4,000 tonnes were distributed in southern provinces and cities.
Meanwhile, 4,118 tonnes of rice were given to Bình Phước, Bạc Liêu and Sóc Trăng provinces, and 1,847 tonnes of rice were given to Quảng Nam and Quảng Ngãi provinces
Between September 20 to September 22, the State Reserve Department in the North Central Highlands region allocated 209 tonnes of rice to support 13,925 people across 10 districts of Gia Lai Province.
The State Reserve Departments have been cooperating closely with local authorities to deliver the rice to people in need as soon as possible.
According to the General Department of State Reserves, the timely provision of food from the national reserve has been one of the most important responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In August, Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính agreed to a proposal to use rice from the national reserve to support people in pandemic-hit localities.— VNS
- Over 1,200 tonnes of rice from national reserve allocated to Nghe An
- 4,900 tonnes of rice granted to six provinces on Tet Holiday
- Six localities get rice aid
- EXCLUSIVE-China suspends national rollout of ethanol mandate - sources
- Growing rice in Kenya: The pioneering roles of different stakeholders
- It’s a no-grainer: Time for Việt Nam to create a rice brand
- What we can learn 100 years later from the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic
- Officers Involved In Tamir Rice Killing Face Disciplinary Charges
- All You Need to Know About 'One Nation, One Ration Card’ to be Implemented Starting June 1
- Beautiful Britain at its VERY best: From the Isle of Wight to Tyntesfield, the stunning images featured in National Trust's 2020 Handbook photo of the year competition
- External reserves halt 6-month downward trend, rise to $38.32bn
- Governments may get windfall as Swiss National Bank posts big profit
- Don't Panic, It's Just a Pandemic
- China virus death toll rises to nine as pandemic fears mount
- Australia's biggest ever methamphetamine haul sees 1.2 tonnes of the drug seized at Geraldton
- NEMA distributes relief materials to IDPs in Abuja camps
- NEMA distributes relief materials to Abuja IDPs camps
- China virus toll rises to nine as pandemic fears grow
- Pandemic fears grow as China virus toll rises to nine
- Nigerian Red Cross distribute relief materials to flood victims in Delta
Over 136,000 tonnes of rice from national reserve distributed during pandemic have 425 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.