The Vietnam Association of Motorcycle Manufacturers (VAMM) has said its members sold 367,037 motorbikes in the third quarter of 2021, a year-on-year drop of 45.84 per cent.
The VAMM members, namely Honda, Piaggio, Suzuki, SYM, and Yamaha, are manufacturing and distributing about 100 models of motorcycles with prices ranging from more than VND10 million to over VND1 billion each.
Notably, Honda Vietnam is making up nearly 81 per cent of the sector's market share with the most diverse range of products.
Experts said that, after growing by nearly 30 per cent in the second quarter, the motorbike sales fell sharply in the third quarter due to the complicated developments of COVID-19.
They noted that the Vietnamese motorcycle market has gone through a difficult period similar to what happened to the auto market.
To stimulate market demand, businesses are giving incentives and running promotion programmes, especially the peak shopping period at the end of the year is approaching.
Many motorbike manufacturers have promptly launched a series of new motorbike models right after the social distancing orders in many provinces and cities were relaxed in recent weeks.
Experts predicted that the motorcycle market will recover in the fourth quarter of 2021 – when the peak shopping demand of the year begins, and the COVID-19 pandemic is gradually under control. — VNS
- Tata Steel's India story shines: Q3 takeaways
- Residential sales dropped by 5% in 2019 in Mumbai Metropolitan Region
- Market Movers: Infy trips ahead of Q3 nos; Suzlon tanks; midcaps shine
- Market stays positive on eve of Q3 earnings
- NHPC likely to deliver a better Q3 on growth in generation
- Infosys Q3 earnings: Here’s what brokerages expect from the IT major
- Infosys jumps 2% ahead of Q3 results; here's what analysts say
- Nifty50 companies’ Q3 profits may surge on low base, tax gain
- Q3 preview: Avenue Supermarts likely to see another quarter of strong earnings
- Tesco slashes hundreds of prices in huge January sale
- Top 10 most-valued firms set for 23% profit jump in Q3
- John Lewis' first-ever female managing director, 46, is SACKED after just three years in the top job as company announces sales slump
- How to play Infosys ahead of Q3 results
- Maruti Suzuki production up 7.88 per cent in Dec at 1,15,949 units
- PoundToy launches massive sale with Star Wars and My Little Pony toys from just 1p
- IDC report shows Samsung continues to dominate as global smartphone sales stagnate
- China's car sales fell 8% in 2019 and the slump is entering its third year
- Lovehoney New Year Sale includes up to 60% off sex toys and lingerie
- Discounts drive car sales in Viet Nam
- Ikea to pay $46 million to family of toddler crushed by dresser
Motorbike sales slash nearly 46 per cent in Q3 have 429 words, post on bizhub.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.