Vientiane (VNA) – The Lao Ministry of Health reported on October 20 that the country has logged 635 new COVID-19 cases, including 628 community infections, over the past 24 hours.
The new infections brought the total number of COVID-19 cases in Laos to 33,606.
The capital city of Vientiane remains a pandemic hotspot as it recorded 439 new infections in the community.
Meanwhile, the death toll rose to 47 since the pandemic broke out after two new fatalities were reported on the same day.
Amid complicated developments of the pandemic, the Lao Government asked localities to continue preparing enough quarantine centres and treatment establishments as well as standby budget to buy medical supplies, vaccines, medicines and other necessary equipment.
It also permitted state officials and civil servants, especially pregnant women, in pandemic-hit provinces to work from home./.
- Laos sees good progress of COVID-19 vaccination programme
- New COVID-19 cases in Cambodia, Laos continue to rise sharply
- COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Southeast Asian countries
- Fourth COVID-19 wave not off the table: Vietnam health minister
- India records nearly 300,000 new COVID-19 cases, New Zealand mulls major reforms for health system
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 19
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 19
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 27
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 1
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 2
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 5
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 8
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 12
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 22
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 26
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 24
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 3
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 3
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 6
- Inoculation effort fails to impress
Laos records rising number of COVID-19 infections in community have 255 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.