Jakarta (VNA) – Indonesia has set a target to become a centre of the world’s halal industry in 2024 given its potential market for halal products in the country.
"Indonesia has the potential to become a centre of the world's halal industry as well as the world's fashion Mecca. We target that this goal can be achieved by 2024," state news agency Antara quoted President Joko Widodo as saying at the opening of the online Trade Expo Indonesia (TEI) Digital Edition on October 21.
Citing the State of Global Islamic Economic Report in 2021, the President said that Muslims around the globe spend more than 2 trillion USD on various sectors from food, fashion, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals, to recreation or tourism.
"Certainly, this is an opportunity that we must take advantage of," he said.
Meanwhile, Trade Minister Muhammad Lutfi said that Indonesia's export of halal products reached 6 billion USD, ranking 21st in the world. The country's export of Muslim fashion is valued at about 4.1 billion USD, or equivalent to the top 13 in the world.
The TEI event promotes halal products and Muslim fashion by providing a special platform for the products. Another event namely Jakarta Muslim Fashion Week will also be held simultaneously. "We organize this event as an effort to make Indonesia the halal industry center and the world's fashion Mecca," said Lutfi./.
- Indonesia aims to be free from extreme poverty by 2024
- Aim to make aeronautics a Rs 60k-cr industry by 2024, says Rajnath Singh at ET GBS
- Google Cloud to open first data center in Indonesia
- We aim to create communities and networking opportunities for entreprenurs: Umeash Sahhaaii, Chairman and CEO, EFC
- Indonesia’s auto exports on the rise despite global slowdown
- As Jakarta Sinks, Indonesia Announces Location of New Capital City
- Indonesia's Pertamina ends deal with Italy's Eni for palm oil fuel project -Pertamina CEO
- Dutch king apologizes for colonial killings in Indonesia
- Indonesia's PLN "burdened" by electricity oversupply
- UPDATE 1-Indonesia announces tax relief for manufacturing during virus outbreak
- Indonesia announces 8.1 bln USD stimulus package to fight COVID-19
- Childcare centre panic as 17 kids are tested for coronavirus after visiting an aged-care home where a woman died - as an eight-month-old BABY boy is diagnosed with the killer virus
- Budget Session of Parliament to resume today: Opposition to corner Centre over Delhi riots
- Audi opens new service centre in Secunderabad
- New government adverts aimed at stopping the spread of the coronavirus about to hit screens
- Indonesia to delay import duties, corporate income tax payments to cope with COVID-19
- Saudi correctional centre claims success with former jihadists
- StarHub to offer hyperscale data centre services through AirTrunk
- We can’t wait until 2024 to tackle the climate crisis – let’s fight for a green new deal now
- World leaders need to take centre stage and shove central bankers into the wings
Indonesia aims to become halal industry centre by 2024 have 470 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.