Speaking at the ASEAN-India Track 1.5 Dialogue on Cyber Issues last week, Ganguly Das pointed out that ASEAN has been pro-active in the region’s efforts to tackle cyber security challenges and has undertaken various cyber confidence building measures.
She affirmed that ASEAN’s emphasis of ASEAN on cyber security and cyber connectivity in accordance with international laws resonates deeply with India's approach towards cyber space.
Ganguly Das said India has also been working domestically to address the cyber security challenges through platforms capable of supporting and sustaining the efforts in securing the cyber space as well as through the adoption of comprehensive policies such as the New National Cyber Security Policy.
Cybercrime often has a transnational dimension, she noted, adding that there is crucial need for international cooperation to exchange experiences and share best practices for protection of information infrastructures.
She said that equitable access to the cyberspace and its benefits is the other important area that India-ASEAN engagement on cyber issues needs to focus on.
She emphasized the role played by digital technologies during the COVID-19 waves, in keeping supply chains open for an accelerated and sustainable economic recovery in the region, saying that it becomes all more important that digital inequalities are addressed.
India wishes to share its experience with ASEAN to move towards a safer and more secure global cyberspace, she said.
- Vietnam endorses ASEAN-Russia cooperation: Ambassador
- RoK, ASEAN enhance cooperation in culture, tourism
- ASEAN looks toward self-reliance, creativity, sustainable development
- Italian firms seek cooperation opportunities in ASEAN countries
- Defence ministry supports Vietnam-Japan peacekeeping cooperation: officer
- India, US strategic partnership has strengthened significantly: Pentagon
- ASEAN information ministers pledge to build smart connectivity for digital transformation among member states
- ASEAN to reinforce ties to boost digital transformation
- Strategic security vision should be crafted to guide future cooperation in Asia-Pacific: General Lich
- Vietnam joins 19th meeting of ASEAN telecommunication chiefs
- PM concludes trip to attend 34th ASEAN Summit in Thailand
- ASEAN finance ministers, central bank governors meet in Thailand
- Jakarta events spotlight ASEAN-Japan infrastructure cooperation
- PM’s attendance at ASEAN Summit boosts partnership for sustainability
- RoK to promote fintech cooperation with ASEAN
- Vietnam represented at ASEAN Telecommunications Information meeting
- Vietnam, EU further expand defense-security cooperation
- ASEAN in 2017: The story of common and national interests
- India, Japan to collaborate on outer space and cyber security projects
- Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia seek to promote Development Triangle efficiency
India, ASEAN promote cooperation in cybersecurity have 380 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.