HCM CITY — The Saigontourist Group on October 24 launched a river tour from Bạch Đằng wharf in downtown HCM City to tourist attractions in Cần Giờ District, one of the first efforts to revive the tourism sector as the city eases COVID-19 curbs.
Fifty tourists left for Vàm Sát Ecological Park and Thiềng Liềng Island in Cần Giờ by a Greenlines high-speed ferry. They cruised on the Sài Gòn River and explored the Cần Giờ wetlands and the area's signature dishes.
The coastal district is noted for its vast mangrove forests and wildlife sanctuaries, and was designated the first Mangrove Biosphere Reserve in Việt Nam in 2000 by UNESCO.
Trương Thành Vinh, a five-star hotel employee in the city, said he had visited Cần Giờ several times but it was his first river trip to the place.
A trip with friends was a relief from the mental strain after months of travel restrictions due to the pandemic, he said.
Speaking at the launch ceremony, Nguyễn Thị Ánh Hoa, director of the city Department of Tourism, said the river tour was aimed at diversifying safe travel products, gradually reviving the tourism industry.
The department will co-ordinate with travel firms and local authorities to run more such river tours, including Bạch Đằng- District 7- Cần Giờ and Bạch Đằng-Củ Chi-Bình Dương.
In the past few years the city has been launching a number of them, including Bạch Đằng- District 7, Bạch Đằng – Bình Quới, Bạch Đằng – Củ Chi, Nhiêu Lộc – Thị Nghè Canal, and Bạch Đằng – Củ Chi – Bình Dương. —VNS
- Novel coronavirus keeps foreign tourists away from HCM City
- Must-visit tomb of Nguyen Dynasty hero in HCM City
- HAGL, HCM City win V.League 1 openers
- HCM City to spend nearly VND500bn to upgrade flooded street
- HCM City price-stabilisation programme includes more drugs
- HCM City FC's player named among standout players of current AFC Cup campaign
- Entertainment facililies in HCM City, Da Nang close to deal with COVID-19
- HCM City prepares for COVID-19 epidemic
- Đà Nẵng, HCM City among world’s 25 trending destinations
- Hoàng Anh Gia Lai, HCM City win V.League 1 openers
- HCM City FC bags more win at AFC Cup
- HCM City bag more win at AFC Cup
- HCM City launches program to promote tai tu music
- Viet Nam start-ups continue to pull in investment
- Vietnamese start-ups continue to pull in investment
- Vietnam collaborates with the world to support start-ups and innovation
- VN tech start-up incubator links up with Swiss Entrepreneurship Programme
- Dustin Lynch Talks New Album, Being 'Inspired' by Thomas Rhett Tour — and His Big Goals
- New tour of country's largest lake launched
- Canadian ‘first-aid’ man helps the have-nots around Ho Chi Minh City
HCM City starts river tour to Cần Giờ have 482 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.