Hanoi has announced a Covid-19 vaccination plan for 2022 when the vaccines will be given to children from three years old.
Hanoi has announced a Covid-19 vaccination plan for 2022 when the vaccines will be given to children from three years old. Illustrative photo
Speaking at a meeting held on October 21, vice director of the Hanoi Centre for Disease Control, Khong Minh Tuan reported that so far more than 95% of the city population aged from 18 have received the first Covid-19 vaccine dose and over 40% got the second dose.
“Besides completing the second dose for the adult population by the end of this year, we are gathering lists of children in age groups of between 3-11, 12-15, and 16-17 for more vaccination campaigns next year,” he said.
Director of Hanoi Department of Health, Tran Thi Nhi Ha, said that the recent Covid-19 outbreak has basically been brought under control in Hanoi but it may reoccur anytime as some clusters are still being reported in the community.
“We'll also have to be careful with the reopening of many activities, and services, especially interprovincial transportation,” the official said. “The vaccination rate in many localities in Vietnam is still low which is posing a big threat. We'll have to continue speeding up the vaccination work.”
Statistics showed that Hanoi has confirmed 4,463 Covid-19 cases including 45 deaths since the beginning of this year.
- Measles returns to Hanoi after three year
- Hanoi reports abnormal rise in measles cases
- Hanoi’s students to be fully vaccinated in coming school year
- Vaccination must be boosted to combat measles, expert says
- Hai Phong to give measles-rubella vaccine to 430,000 children
- Vaccination campaign against rubella kicks off in Hai Phong
- Vaccines not causing deltoid muscle fibrosis: Vietnam study
- Hanoi provides free measles vaccination to children aged 2-10
- Bản in : Preventive health official clarifies vaccine shortage
- Bản in : Vietnam to keep children safe on road
- Measles cases soar across Hanoi
- Instalment payment vaccine packages launched
- Measles patients in Hanoi escalate rapidly
- Vaccination urged as measles spreads fast in Hanoi
- Pentavalent vaccine ComBE Five to be used nationwide
- Vietnam targets vaccination rate of 95 percent for under-1-year-old children
- Measles infections increasing in Hanoi
- Nearly 90 percent of measles cases related to lack of vaccination
- Vaccination loophole leads to spike in measles cases
- Women and children’s happiness and safety to be targets of action: PM
Hanoi to vaccinate children from three years old next year have 376 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.