Hanoi needs an additional 2.5 million doses of AstraZeneca and 3.5 million doses of Pfizer vaccines.
Considering the proposal of the Hanoi People’s Committee for additional allocation of 6 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine, including 2.5 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccines and 3.5 million doses of Pfizer vaccine, the Prime Minister has told the Ministry of Health to allocate more vaccines to the capital city, and report to the Prime Minister on the implementation.
According to the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control, Vietnam has received 92.5 million doses of vaccines and administered more than 61 million doses. By October 16, 60.2% of people aged 18 and older had been vaccinated with at least one dose and 24.7% with two doses.
Vaccination against Covid-19 started later than many other countries, but Vietnam’s vaccination rate (the first dose) has increased rapidly, faster than some countries in the region and the world average, thanks to the effective implementation of the largest-ever vaccination campaign.
Vaccines have been distributed based on the specific situation, with priority given to pandemic-hit areas, areas of high risk of outbreaks, and areas with many industrial zones.
The vaccination results play an important role in implementing the economic recovery process and safely adapting to the epidemic.
The Government Office has sent an official letter to Health Minister Nguyen Thanh Long about the proposal to open airports in a safe mode.
Previously, Professor Nguyen Anh Tri sent a document to the Prime Minister on opening local airports safely. Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh assigned Health Minister Nguyen Thanh Long to study the proposal by Professor Tri on the implementation of measures to prevent and control the epidemic for passengers traveling by air.
- Vaccines: Do they wear out? And other questions answered
- The Thrill of Defeat
- Edited Transcript of GNCA earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 12:30pm GMT
- How Bill Gates, a valley full of snakes and one entrepreneur took on a deadly disease
- Drones are now delivering life-saving medicines to remote parts of Ghana
- Drones are delivering life-saving medicines in Ghana. We went to see it happen.
- Interview: Gates Foundation CEO on global progress in 2018, and the biggest threat to the world’s future
- This Startup Wants People to Inject Themselves With Untested Drugs
- Hepatitis A Races Across The Country
- Here Are the Three Dumbest Claims Pharma CEOs Made When Defending Exorbitant Drug Prices
- The scam of "detox": Ritual purification by another name
- AI could help reduce the administrative costs of health care
- Debate: Is Christianity dangerous?
- Washington Post Op-Ed: John McCain Will Haunt Donald Trump Into Defeat From The Mirror Dimension
Hanoi asks for 6 million more doses of AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines have 416 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.