The Government has set up taskforces specialized in addressing concerns of businesses that have been severely affected by the pandemic.
Foreign investors continue to show strong commitments to doing business in Vietnam and have been expanding their presence in the country.
|Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Le Thi Thu Hang. Source: MoFA|
Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Le Thi Thu Hang gave the statement in a monthly press conference held today [October 21].
"Vietnamese authorities stand ready to provide the maximum support to foreign businesses and investors and get all economic activities back to normal and avoid possible disruption in the supply chains," Hang said.
Hang added the Government has set up multiple taskforces specialized in addressing concerns of businesses who have been severely affected by the pandemic.
As of September 20, Vietnam attracted over US$22.15 billion in FDI commitments, an increase of 4.4% year on year. Of the total, foreign investors registered over 1,200 fresh projects with total registered capital of $12.5 billion, down 3.78% in project number but up 27.6% in value against the same period of last year.
According to Hang, drastic measures from the Government and the active response of the public have gradually put the pandemic situation in Vietnam under control.
Hang referred to the Government's recently issued resolution No.128/NQ-CP on October 11 on safe and flexible adaptation to the pandemic by saying the Government aims to soon get socio-economic activities back to the new normalcy as soon as possible.
"The goal is to ensure a single Covid-19 strategy being adopted nationwide right in 2021 to avoid inconvenience for the people and businesses," Hang said.
- Vietnam’s bond market continues growth
- Food industry holds great potential for investment attraction
- Foreign investors stepping in
- Report reveals problems of Vietnam’s economy despite Q1 strong growth
- Vietnam, Kazakhstan promote multi-faceted cooperation
- JLL Vietnam: Investors look for M&A property in Vietnam
- Vietnam, RoK should expand ties to more areas: PM
- New developments aid merger & acquisition activities
- Ambassador optimistic about Vietnam-India trade hitting USD 15 billion
- Real estate in HCM City CBD: Optimism for the long-term
- Happy Birthday to our dearest VIR!
- Myanmar’s regulations hinder trade with Vietnam
- Interest on all fronts as nation takes centre stage
- Quang Ninh province retains top place in PCI ranking
- VN’s economic growth expected to hit 6.9%
- Towards lasting energy supply
- FDI firms in south gear up for CPTPP
- Changing retail landscape and the rise of shopping malls
- Income increases fast for workers in Vinh Phuc’s craft villages
- Gemadept is going regional with CJ
Foreign businesses continue to expand investment in Vietnam have 408 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.