ĐẮK NÔNG — Đắk Nông strives to improve its investment climate and welcome businesses and investors to the province, Ngô Thanh Danh, its Party Committee Secretary has said.
Speaking at an event held to honour local businesses' contributions to the province's efforts to ensure economic growth while also staying safe from the COVID-19 pandemic, he said in the year-to-date Đắk Nông's economy had grown by 7.72 per cent.
Retail sales and exports also saw growth, he said.
The province has been focusing on improving its investment and business climate and offering assistance to key projects in various fields such as solar and wind energy, industrial and agricultural products with high added value and tourism, he said.
Hồ Văn Mười, chairman of the province People's Committee, said Đắk Nông possesses resources such as bauxite, from which aluminium is made.
It accounts for 60 per cent of the country's bauxite reserves.
It also has long hours of sunshine and strong radiation, making it a good place for generating solar power.
It is focusing on improving its road infrastructure, especially connectivity with HCM City and southern provinces. The Government has recently approved an expressway spanning the Central Highlands.
Đắk Nông has huge tourism potential, with historical and cultural relics and great natural beauty in the form of the Đắk Nông UNESCO Global Geopark and the Krong No volcanic cave system, the longest of its kind in Southeast Asia.
But Danh said despite the province's efforts it has been difficult to attract investments. Government agencies and the various regions in the province do not work cohesively, resulting in investors facing difficulties with administrative procedures, he said.
There are also problems related to land-, environment- and investment-related administrative procedures, he added.
Mười said there have indeed been problems with administrative procedures for which he has "apologised to local businesses and vowed not to let it happen again."
The province has nearly 2,400 businesses. — VNS
- Vietnamese Party chief suggests boosting cooperation between Chinese and Vietnamese localities
- Party chief Nguyen Phu Trong has talks with Cuban leader Raul Castro
- Party chief welcomes delegation from Communist Party of China
- Edappadi welcomes Supreme Court ruling on civic polls in 27 districts
- Donald Trump Keeps Breaking U.K. Political Conventions and Some Local Papers Are Lapping It Up
- North Korea says it test fired a new type of submarine-launched ballistic missile
- Barnet council and the future of local-government funding
- Central Highlands localities hailed for military-defense task performance
- California should take over PG&E and possibly other utilities, former top regulator says
- Abdul Sattar: Shiv Sena will be happy to welcome Pankaja Munde if she joins
- 'Twitter changed the game against what he wished for me': Saudi who fled to Bangkok reveals video 'showing Kingdom official saying Thailand should have taken her phone' after social media saved her
- Welcome to the real Lego land: rebuilding the brand brick by brick
- Interview: Southeastern U.S. county hopes to expand collaboration with China: local official
- Carpetright to close 81 MORE stores as high street pain worsens - but is your local branch one of them?
- SC stays TN local polls in 9 new districts
- Nordstrom Local expands its innovative, inventory-free retail hubs
- The Latest: Macedonian PM says vote shows will of people
- Solution to Naga issue likely soon, says CM
- Centrica's stake in Cuadrilla says much about UK shale gas industry
- What do 2020 Democrats say about California fires? Not much.
Đắk Nông Province welcomes investors, says local Party chief have 607 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.