The President made the remarks while joining a delegation of Ho Chi Minh City's National Assembly deputies to supervise pandemic prevention and control and socio-economic performance in the Southern metropolis in 2021.
HCM City's economic successes and sustainability depend on its recovery capacity and adaptability, he said.
He asked the city to concentrate on major tasks such as ensuring economic activities and the smooth circulation of goods, removing difficulties for enterprises and projects, quickly and effectively implementing credit packages and tax reductions, and attracting private and foreign investments while boosting public investment.
More attention should be paid to spiritual and mental health of people, especially vulnerable groups, he said, urging HCM City to mobilize all resources, together with the State, to roll out social welfare packages, and seek new momentum for its growth.
Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Nguyen Van Nen expressed his hope that the President and the city's N.A. deputies will give more heed to the building and implementation of strategies on economic recovery and social development in HCM City.
Vice Chairman of the city People's Committee Duong Anh Duc said HCM City will consider economic scenarios based on the latest pandemic situation, and keep a close watch on budget collection, striving to fulfill over 90 percent of the target set for this year.
- Lawmakers scrutinize socio-economic matters
- Bản in : Lawmakers scrutinise socio-economic matters
- Lawmakers scrutinise socio-economic matters Vietnam+ (VietnamPlus)
- Bản in : UN official praises Vietnam’s socio-economic achievements
- UN official praises Vietnamâs socio-economic achievements
- PM eases voters’ concern over draft law on special administrative-economic units
- Party chief, state president in better health: HCMC leader
- Party chief, state president in better health: HCMC Party leader
- Vietnamese leaders receive Cambodian NA President
- Work in unity and make nation thrive: President
- Bản in : Vice President holds talks with Bulgarian counterpart
- VFF President Nguyen Thien Nhan meets voters in Bac Giang
- Keynote Address by State President Tran Dai Quangat Dialogue On APEC Toward 2020 And Beyond
- President notes urgency for continued building of law-governed socialist State
- Spring Economic Forum 2015 opens
- sustainable economic development Vietnam+ (VietnamPlus)
- Bản in : President calls for widespread response to tree planting festival
- Plant trees, President exhorts
- President launches tree planting festival 2017 in Quang Ninh
- President launches tree planting festival 2017 in Quang Ninh - Social affair
Containing pandemic is a prerequisite for socio-economic recovery: President have 375 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.