|The construction of the $2.2 billion Vung Ang II thermal power is to start in December|
To date, the investor completed the procedures for the preparation process, including signing a build-operate-transfer contract, the power purchase agreement, and government guarantees and undertakings for the project.
The project combines two turbines with a total capacity of 1,300MW, and is expected to start commercial operation in the third quarter of 2025.
In August 2021, Ha Tinh People's Committee approved using 24.42 hectares of forest area to serve for the plant's construction.
In December, the Japan Bank for International Cooperation signed a loan agreement with VAPCO to finance a loan worth $636 million for the project, under the bank’s Growth Investment Facility.
The loan is co-financed with private financial institutions as well as the Export-Import Bank of Korea. The total co-financing amount is approximately $1.77 billion.
By Oanh Nguyen
- Two giant trenches and up to 11 years of construction work
- SNGPL’s profit shrinks 12% to Rs1.94b
- China u-turns on rapid end to coal heating
- Budget 2017 speech in full: Text and video of Philip Hammond's fiscal announcements on tax, the NHS and housing as it happened
- Billionaire’s Mega-Mine Misses Coal Deadline on Funding Headache
- Pakistan announces $1.5b hydropower project in AJK
- Flamanville fiasco: The story of France's nuclear calamity
- Implementation deals for two Thar coal projects signed
- Meet the North businesses helping the race for space
- This 25-year-old will build 7 homes in 7 continents in ONE year
- This 25-year-old will build 7 homes in 7 continents
- Barcelona Mobile World Congress: Phonemakers chase niche markets with toughest phones ever
- Scots shell firms play key role in Latin America's bribery 'mega scandal'
- Water, water everywhere, not a drop to drink
- International nuclear fusion project seeks reversal of Trump budget cuts
- Who’s on the Time Person of the Year 2017 shortlist and when is the winner announced? From Donald Trump to Mohammed bin Salman
- Who’s on the Time Person of the Year 2017 shortlist and when is the winner announced? From Donald Trump to Kim Jong-un
- Who’s will be Time Person of the Year 2017 and what time is the winner announced? From Donald Trump to Kim Jong-un
- Pakistan regrets non-issuance of pilgrim visas by India: FO
- Crossrail chiefs warn that £14bn Elizabeth line could blow its budget and open late
Construction of $2.2 billion Vung Ang II thermal power to start in December have 361 words, post on vir.com.vn at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.