Chelsea Scott-Blackhall, Nguyen Cong Tri and Mai Atafo (from left to right). Photo: hollywoodreporter.com
Three designers that are favoured by Hollywood's red carpets are Singapore-based Chelsea Scott-Blackhaill, Vietnam-based Nguyen Cong Tri and Lagos-based Mai Atafo.
"Before launching his label in 2009, self-taught designer Nguyen Cong Tri already was a favourite of Vietnam's celebrities. His entrée stateside arrived when Rihanna and Katy Perry embraced his inventive silhouettes, dramatic draping and intricate cutouts, with Perry enlisting Nguyen to create costumes for her 2017 Witness tour," wrote Hollywood Reporter.
Tri debuted at New York Fashion Week in January 2019. A month later, Kate Bosworth wore a ripped-from-the-runway canary yellow and crystal-embellished gown to the Vanity Fair Oscar party, it said.
Katy Perry has worn 9 outfits designed by Nguyen Cong Tri between 2017-2019. (Photo courtesy of Nguyen Cong Tri)
Over the past two years, Cong Tri's A-list moments have grown exponentially to include Beyoncé, styled by Zerina Akers, in gilded ruched velvet at the Lion King premiere and Charlize Theron, with Leslie Fremar, in an ornamented sheer blouse on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, according to Hollywoodreporter.com.
Actress Kelly Marie Tran wore Cong Tri's design twice during her Raya and Last Dragon promotion tour.
As many as 100 Hollywood actresses have selected his outfits including Katy Perry, Rebecca Ferguson, Jenifer Hudson and Camila Cabello.
- Fashion Industry: Ready To Face The Future
- Fall Fashion 2006: Taking the Guess Out of Getting Gorgeous!
- Primping, Passion and Public Fashion
- Fall Fashion Tips
- Designer Envy: Knock It Off!
- Interior Design - Design Your Own Bathroom
- Socially Conscious Fashion Brands - Why We Need More Of Them
- Paul Hollywood's ex Summer Monteys Fullam hits back at Phill Turner's furious claim she GATECRASHED his wedding reception as she shares VERY boozy snaps of them partying
- Journalist Magazine Or Reporter
- Arts and Entertainment News from Hollywood North
- Duchess of Sussex shows off the art of 'shrobing' as she drapes £1185 designer coat over her shoulders at the WellChild Awards
- Babywearing - "Our Trendsetting Ancestors"
- From Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves to Dictators, Gymnasts, and Orphans - Images of Romanians
- Are You Happy With Your Hairdresser and Salon?
- Celebrity Shopping
- The Age of Media Corporation Mega-Mergers Is Robbing Us of Bolder, Fresher Storytelling
- Women's Tennis Apparel by Stella McCartney - How it all Began
- Above the Earth's Green
- Stop the Killings: A Short Story
- Organize That Stash!
Cong Tri honoured as on-the-rise fashion designer by Hollywood Reporter magazine have 398 words, post on m.sggpnews.org.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.