Hanoi (VNA) – Cashless payments continued to grow fast in the first nine months of 2021 to top 36.28 quadrillion VND (1.6 billion USD), according to a recent report by the Government.
During the period, 435.25 million transactions worth 22.78 quadrillion VND were made via the internet, up 54.1 percent in volume and 30.7 percent in value. More than 1.19 billion others worth over 13.5 quadrillion VND were conducted via mobile phone, surging 74.98 percent in volume and 93.69 percent in value.
The Government said cashless payments for public services have improved considerably in terms of both quantity and quality.
Businesses nationwide have made more than 90 percent of their tax payments via bank transfer . A large number of people have also used this method to pay power bills and medical examination and treatment fees or receive pensions and allowances.
However, payment frauds have also become increasingly complicated across the country, the report pointed out.
Speaking at a discussion last week, Dao Minh Tuan, head of the card division of the Vietnam Banks Association, said though credit institutions have continually updated security technology, payment scams remains sophisticated.
Representatives of banks held that coordination among relevant parties is needed to ensure payment security and safety./.
- Credit Card Minimum Payments on the Rise
- Why Should I Choose Bi-Weekly or Weekly Over Monthly Mortgage Payments
- Understanding Monthly Payment Mortgage Calculators
- Are Payment Option Mortgage Loans Worth The Risk?
- Extra Mortgage Payments
- Credit Card Payments
- Refinance & Mortgage Tips: Down Payment From 401k Or 403b Retirement Annuities
- Your Down Payment and Your Mortgage
- Minimum Payment on Credit Cards - Bad Idea?
- 2nd Mortgage Equity Loans Behind a Payment Option Home Mortgages
- Lower your Credit Card Payments
- Getting Away With Low Down Payments
- Global Self Service Technology Market will Reach USD 37.75 Billion by 2021
- Self Service Technology Market will grow at a CAGR of 15.8%, globally during 2016 and 2021
- A Cashless Society: A Future Of Our Own Making
- Credit Cards Paving The Way Towards A Cashless Society
- Cashless Gifts
- 1% Payment Loans - What Are They?
- Constant Credit Card Payments
- Use Your Mortgage Payment to Best Use of Your Hard earned Dollars
Cashless payments flourish in first nine months of 2021 have 332 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.