Phnom Penh (VNA) – As Cambodia moves closer towards 'reopening', the Southeast Asian country recorded it's lowest daily new case total since April 6.
The Ministry of Health announced on October 20 that Cambodia has recorded 166 new COVID-19 cases and 12 fatalities in the past 24 hours, bringing the COVID-19 case total to 117,201 cases and the death toll to 2,693.
Government spokesman Phay Siphan told Khmer Times on October 19 that without the vaccination drive, the nation might have suffered a worse tragedy caused by the pandemic.
"Vaccination is the part of efforts to reduce the tragedy of COVID-19 virus. The Prime Minister has worked so hard to get dozens of vaccine doses for the sake of his people and guided each one of us to learn to live with the virus," he added.
He pointed out that everyone played their part in bringing the scourge almost to its knees and enabled the country to get back on its feet.
On October 8, Samdech Techo Prime Minister Hun Sen announced that Cambodia will be capable of reopening its economy across all sectors if the COVID-19 situation post Pchum Ben remains stable at current levels for at least 10 consecutive days.
Cambodia now seems to be moving, slowly but steadily, to a 'new normality' as shown by the re-opening of the e-Visa scheme for tourists and investors, relaxation of the quarantine period for incoming travellers and a new QR code system for checking vaccination status and a general determination by the Government to get the nation open for business again as soon as is safely possible./.
- Covid Cases in India: India reports lowest daily new cases in 538 days | India News - Times of India
- ACT records five new cases of COVID-19 and two more deaths
- COVID-19: Thailand’s caseload exceeds 2 million, Laos posts highest daily cases
- Cambodia' PM urges parents to get kids vaccinated, get booster shots for themselves as daily cases go below 50
- COVID-19: Laos logs lower number of daily cases, Philippines reopens 100 shools
- Hong Kong and China move closer to partial border reopening
- UK Covid daily cases lowest in 5 weeks with 30,305 infections as Boris praises ‘amazing’ 10m who received booster jabs
- India Reports Lowest Daily Covid-19 Cases In 543 Days Despite Busy Festival Season
- Covid horror in Germany as fourth wave in ‘full force’ after RECORD surge in cases today
- Coronavirus: Italy reaches new record high of nearly 41,000 daily cases
- Berlin bans unvaccinated from entertainment venues, as Germany battles record-breaking Covid cases
- India's active Covid cases lowest in 17 months; 285 die in 24 hrs
- New COVID-19 developments recorded in Southeast Asia
- COVID-19: Delhi records zero death, 32 new cases; positivity rate 0.14%
- Daily Covid cases hit another record, 4,116
- More Asian countries slowly reopen their borders and welcome vaccinated travelers.
- Germany's Covid cases hit record high with Merkel warning of 'dramatic' situation
- Number of active Covid cases in Maharashtra drops by 55.6% in one month
- Dropping out and taking menial jobs: The effects of keeping students out of school for 18 months.
- Indonesia, ASEAN should move ahead in tandem
Cambodia moves closer to “reopening” as it records lowest daily cases in 6 months have 510 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.