Hanoi (VNA) – National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue and Speaker of the Finnish Parliament Anu Vehvilainen on September 10 witnessed the signing of a cooperation agreement between the Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) and Nokia Corporation on the upgrade and development of VNPT’s digital infrastructure.
The signing of the deal took place within the framework of the top Vietnamese legislator's on-going official visit to Finland.
Under the agreement, the two sides agreed to strengthen strategic cooperation to upgrade the capacity of backbone and core networks, develop 4G, 5G, and IoT platforms, continue commercial testing of 5G service, and cooperate in developing and applying new networking technologies.
The deal is expected to open up many potential opportunities related technological solutions for corporate customers.
The two sides will also consider the possibility of cooperation in other fields in the time to come.
Earlier, NA Chairman Hue received Nokia's leaders, during which he revealed that Vietnam is currently speeding up digital transformation and developing the digital economy.
He suggested Nokia enhance cooperation with Vietnam businesses in this field, adding that by investing in Vietnam, Nokia can expand its investment in other ASEAN countries.
Nokia 's leaders affirmed that the corporation will effectively carry out the freshly signed agreement and wants to maintain long-term operations in Vietnam./.
- India, US ink MoUs on health infrastructure, cancer research, technology
- GM & Honda team up for next-generation fuel cell development
- Signing of RCEP on track despite disruption
- Trade, cooperation policies in time of pandemic
- PM witnesses strategic agreement between Vietnamese and Danish enterprises
- Visa, NextPay sign MoU to promote cashless payments in Vietnam
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump signs coronavirus relief bill
- WGA Looks To Renegotiate Franchise Agreement With Talent Agent Group
- Visa and NextPay sign MoU to promote cashless payments in Vietnam
- Last Of Us 2 Director Says No Decision Yet About Digital-Only Release, As He Reflects On The Delay
- How La Liga led clubs into the digital world with global app strategy
- Shiseido signs deals with Shopee to sell online
- Virtual theatre: a digital experience of the yet-to-be-built Waikato Regional Theatre
- Wolfsburg sign young British player – as their official Fifa gamer
- Can Tho to become first smart city in Mekong Delta by 2025
- Omni-channel shopping taking hold
- Metro 3 loan: JICA inks pact to release third tranche
- Cần Thơ to become first smart city in Mekong Delta by 2025
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 3
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 5
VNPT, Nokia sign cooperation agreement on digital infrastructure development have 418 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.