The Drug Administration of Vietnam under the Ministry of Health has given the green light to Vimedimex Medi-Pharma JSC to import 30 million doses of the Hayat-Vax vaccine, produced in China and packaged in the UAE.
|A vial of the Hayat-Vax vaccine. – Photo: VGP|
Vimedimex had earlier proposed importing the vaccine to meet the urgent demand for the pandemic prevention and control in Vietnam, Lao Dong newspaper reported.
The vaccine is made by China's Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd (Sinopharm) and packaged by the UAE's Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries (Julphar).
The Drug Administration of Vietnam required the vaccine batch to meet the requirements attached to a decision approving the Hayat-Vax vaccine.
Vimedimex was also asked to take responsibility for the origin and quality of the vaccine and ensure the safe and effective use of the vaccine for the right purpose.
The company must also comply with prevailing regulations on the vaccine import and distribution and other relevant regulations.
The Ministry of Health approved the Hayat-Vax vaccine for emergency use on September 10, making it the seventh Covid vaccine to get emergency use authorization in Vietnam.
On September 17, the ministry approved Cuba's Abdala Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use, making it the eighth vaccine approved for emergency use in Vietnam.
The six other vaccines are AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Sputnik V, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson's Janssen, and Sinopharm's Vero Cell.
- Terry Gilliam opens up about his 30-year quest to make ‘The Man Who Killed Don Quixote,’ which is in theaters for one night only
- World View: Measles Outbreaks in New York, Israel Blamed on ‘Anti-Vax’ Movement
- Good Morning Vietnam! It's time to make the Apple AirPods
- U.S. Immigrant Numbers Hit 44.5 Million, Break 108-Year Record
- Confirmed: If You Give an Octopus MDMA, It Will Get All Cuddly
- The best ways to banish backache: Latest file in our health series looks at a nagging pain that blights the lives of more than eight million Britons
- Apple just warned its holiday quarter was a huge miss and the stock is getting crushed
- Pan Am Flight 103: Robert Mueller’s 30-Year Search for Justice
- The Importance of Photographing Women in Sports
- Nigeria has more HIV-infected babies than anywhere in the world. It’s a distinction no country wants
- Globe, critics votes impact Oscar marketing coin
- USP’s Overhaul of Compounding Rules Continues
- James J. ‘Whitey’ Bulger dead after long, murderous career
- Guns kill more U.S. kids than cancer. This emergency physician aims to change that
- Guns kill more U.S. kids than cancer. This emergency physician aims to prevent those firearm deaths
- Hollywood just starting to see value of Globe$
- THE PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- More money on tap from Intermedia
- Tusks, Horns, and Claws: The Fight to Dismantle the Facebook Animal Parts Bazaar
- Type 1 Diabetes: Tuberculosis Vaccine Could Offer “Major Advancement” In Treatment
Vietnam’s Vimedimex gets nod to import 30 million Hayat-Vax doses have 461 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.