A teacher from the north-central Vietnamese province of Quang Binh has been found deliberately receiving two doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine within only 10 minutes.
The incident occurred at a vaccination site at a general hospital in Le Thuy District on Saturday, Ngo Duc Van – director of the infirmary – confirmed on Sunday morning.
N.T.L., a teacher at Truong Thuy Elementary and Middle School, received the two vaccine shots on purpose, Van added.
After getting her first dose, L. folded her vaccination paper to cover the confirmation stamp and headed back to the waiting line.
At the vaccination desk, the health worker looked at the folded piece of paper and was not aware that L. had already jabbed.
The health worker then injected L. with another dose and only realized it when she was about to add the confirmation stamp to L.'s vaccination paper.
The interval between the two shots was only 10 minutes, while the recommended pause for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine is eight to 12 weeks.
L. had her health monitored for about 40 minutes before being sent home as she was still in good shape.
The teacher was told to promptly contact the hospital if she experiences any abnormal signs.
Upon being questioned, L. said she originally intended to receive four vaccine doses that day.
Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper contacted L. on Sunday afternoon and the woman confirmed she was in stable health.
Quang Binh has recorded over 1,400 local COVID-19 infections since the fourth wave hit Vietnam on April 27.
- Deliberations being held to identify first group of people to receive Covid-19 vaccine: Officials
- US to Pay Nearly $2 Billion for COVID-19 Vaccine Under Development
- Max Minute: CBS News Poll Says 70% Of Americans Would Wait To Get COVID-19 Vaccine, Or Wouldn’t Get One At All
- Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine put to final test in 30,000 volunteers in the US
- UK’s Oxford University Covid-19 vaccine prompts immune response in early trial
- Trump administration signs nearly $2 BILLION contract with Pfizer for 100 MILLION doses of its COVID-19 vaccine
- J&J starts human safety trial for its COVID-19 vaccine candidate
- 3-4 mn doses of Oxford’s Covid-19 vaccine to be ready by Dec: Serum Institute
- ‘So far, so good’ says AstraZeneca on leading Covid-19 vaccine
- Medical Experts Cautiously Optimistic With COVID-19 Vaccine Trial Underway
- Russia, the US and the Covid-19 vaccine free-for-all
- How was AZD1222 made, when is first dose expected: Things to know about Oxford University’s Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam targets human trials of Covid-19 vaccine this year
- A federal COVID-19 vaccine mandate: Dubious legality, faulty policy
- US government and Pfizer reach $1.95 billion deal to produce millions of Covid-19 vaccine doses
- Covid-19 vaccine will be ready by year end in 'best case scenario': Pfizer
- Feds Ink $1.9 Billion Pfizer Contract For First 100 Million Doses Of Possible COVID-19 Vaccine
- US, UK, India’s Serum Institute scale up efforts to roll out Covid-19 vaccine by year-end: All you need to know
- COVID-19 vaccine | AIIMS scouts for volunteers for Covaxin human trials
- Covid Speed Read: RBI warns of surge in bad loans; AIIMS administers first dose of Covid-19 vaccine
Vietnamese teacher purposely receives two COVID-19 vaccine shots within 10 minutes have 513 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.