Vietnamese State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and a delegation of high-ranking officials attended the opening session of the high-level general debate of the United Nations General Assembly's 76th session (UNGA 76) in New York City on Tuesday.
The theme for this year's UNGA is ‘Building resilience through hope – to recovery from COVID-19, rebuild sustainably, respond to the needs of the planet, respect the rights of people, and revitalize the United Nations.’
The event was attended by heads of state and government, prime ministers, and high-ranking representatives from 193 member states, along with leaders of international and regional organizations and international financial institutions.
During the gathering, delegates discussed solutions and proposals to address global issues including the COVID-19 pandemic, recovery and sustainable development, hotspots in regions, non-traditional challenges, climate change, and food security.
In his opening speech, President of the UN General Assembly Abdulla Shahid pledged to boost international cooperation in order to cope with and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
He stressed the need to increase global efforts to respond to climate change, reduce poverty, and promote and protect human rights so that no one is left behind.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called for the international community's prompt actions and cooperation to seek solutions to a series of crises.
He urged the implementation of sustainable development goals, and promoted equal access to COVID-19 vaccines.
President Phuc is scheduled to deliver a speech on Wednesday afternoon (New York time), in which he will propose comprehensive and long-term solutions to urgent international issues, contributing to the maintenance of global peace and security as well as sustainable and inclusive development.
The Vietnamese leader will have meetings with senior leaders of countries and international organizations, and join summits within the framework of the UN General Assembly's 76th session.
The annual high-level general debate will last until September 27.
- Anthony Davis Rumors: New York Knicks "To Be Aggressive" In Trade Talks
- Pres. Trump to nominate new UN ambassador, attorney general
- Slideshow: President George H.W. Bush
- Trump Foundation to Close After Lawsuit by New York Attorney General
- Democrats in New Jersey Have a Firm Grip on Power. They Want Even More.
- After Backlash, Democrats in New Jersey Rethink Redistricting Plans
- Former President George H.W. Bush saluted as ‘gentle soul,’ ‘great man’
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Amid New York’s Blue Wave, a Republican County Resists
- As president, George H.W. Bush never wavered from his hard line on broccoli
- Will Fox News survive as a house united in the era of Trump?
- GM president leaves automaker to lead its Cruise unit
- New York’s Vanishing Mayor
- The New Brothels: How Shady Landlords Play a Key Role in the Sex Trade
- Indian PM to attend swearing in of new Maldivian president
- Air New Zealand Trolls Trump With Adorable 'Naughty List' Kids In Christmas Ad
- National Enquirer’s safe held paid-for stories damaging to Trump, sources say
- D.C. attorney general sues Facebook over Cambridge Analytica privacy scandal
- Federal shutdown, Day 10: What’s new and what happens next
- Trump to try new offer to Democrats as government shutdown drags on
Vietnamese president attends general debate of United Nations General Assembly in New York have 530 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.