Moscow (VNA) – A Vietnamese language course was opened at the Kiev-based school named after President Ho Chi Minh in Ukraine on September 15 as part of a cooperation programme between the Vietnamese Embassy in the country and the school.
Speaking at the ceremony, Ambassador Nguyen Hong Thach emphasised that teaching Vietnamese language to Vietnamese children in Ukraine in general and Kiev in particular is very important, because the mother tongue will help them communicate with their relatives at the homeland, contributing to preserving and promoting Vietnamese language and culture in the host country.
It will also help increase career opportunities for those who want to live and work in the homeland in the future, he added.
Thach affirmed that the embassy is willing to create the most favourable conditions for children to learn their mother tongue.
For her part, Rector of the school Larisa Panteleivna expressed her delight at great efforts of the embassy and the educational establishment to organise the course amid difficulties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is a meaningful activity right after the embassy and the school signed a cooperation agreement for the 2021-2026 period, she said.
After the ceremony, the embassy’s working delegation visited a gallery space on President Ho Chi Minh in the school’s campus./.
- Children can talk to relatives thanks to language lessons at Saturday school
- Mum-of-two, 60, quits high flying job to become a pole dancing teacher and open a school after being inspired on Thailand holiday
- Wooing CPEC investment: Peshawar mayor plans to hire Chinese language instructors
- Diversity in London: Harriet Stenning, Langley Park School for Girls
- Walk held to promote Arabic language
- Headteacher of ‘outstanding’ Fortismere School resigns
- Alperton Community School art teacher named finalist for million-dollar Global Teacher Prize
- 12-year-old girl breaks world record by singing in 102 languages
- Tax plan means uncertainty for students and teachers at Denmark's language schools
- Trump told U.S. envoy that Ukraine was full of 'terrible people' who 'tried to take me down'
- Swedish Academy to launch new language lessons for immigrants
- Seán Mac Aindreasa, founding father of north's first Irish language school and west Belfast Gaeltacht, dies aged 77
- School celebrates links with China
- School in top one per cent for modern foreign languages
- Stephanie Smith: Latin lovers ... what we can still learn from the language of Rome
- TCF and Thar Foundation sign agreement to teach in Sindhi at 500 schools
- Law Society should ‘catch itself on’ over Irish language lawyer course
- Govt sets up Chinese language lab
- Mum takes matters into her own hands after struggling to find Makaton signing courses in Dundee
- Ukraine: A female fixer on the front lines
Vietnamese language course opens at Ukraine’s school have 434 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.