The vaccine went through quality control by Gamaleya Center, the Russian research institute that develops the Sputnik V vaccine.
VABIOTECH, one of Vietnam's leading pharmaceutical companies, on September 24 announced the successful production of a batch of the Russian Sputnik V vaccine against the coronavirus.
President of VABIOTECH Do Tuan Dat said the made-in-Vietnam Sputnik V vaccine will be used in the national immunization program, adding that it went through quality control by Gamaleya Center, the Russian research institute that develops the vaccine.
|Sputnik V vaccine is being packaged at VABIOTECH. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
To date, Sputnik V has been registered in 68 countries with a total population of over 3.7 billion, which is nearly half of the global population. The data obtained by regulators of a number of countries during the vaccination of people in Mexico, Argentina, Serbia, Bahrain, Hungary, the UAE, and others, showing that Sputnik V is one of the safest and most effective vaccines against the coronavirus, Dat said.
In Vietnam, Sputnik V got approval from the Ministry of Health on March 23, 2021.
“As the pandemic is far from over and new, more dangerous variants of coronavirus are being detected in various regions of the world, the VABIOTECH is increasing its capacity for the production of Sputnik V to speed up the vaccination with one of the best vaccines in the world," President of VABIOTECH Do Tuan Dat told The Hanoi Times .
Dat hopes that his firm will provide quality and affordable Covid-19 vaccines to Vietnam and other Southeast Asian countries.
After successfully containing the virus for much of the pandemic, Vietnam is facing its worst outbreak, with a surge in daily infections to record levels adding to pressure on the government to shore up supplies and accelerate inoculations.
The Ministry of Health reported 9,465 new infections as of September 24 and the country has recorded 723,963 infections and 18,017 deaths overall.
- Killer coronavirus will hit Britain 'within days': Race is on to find vaccine as UK scientists prepare to fly out to hot spots
- Chinese scientists successfully mix human and pig genes to create a new lab-grown skin that could be used to give burn victims transplants
- Scientists in Hong Kong develop Coronavirus vaccine but it could be A YEAR before it’s available
- Killer coronavirus outbreak rampaging across the world will last MONTHS as death toll hits 106 and scientists warn a vaccine is still at least eight weeks away
- Russian Researchers Invent Super Low-Cost Cancer-Fighting Nanobots
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 31
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 24
- Updated: Past failures shadow current hopes of testing drugs during an Ebola outbreak
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 1
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 25
- Local pie of retailing is both sweet and bitter
- Coronavirus will cost Australia at least $1 billion says UBS, and that's if it doesn't get worse
- As it happened: German evacuees leave China amid coronavirus outbreak
- Sweden becomes latest country to be struck down by the killer coronavirus as Russia announces two cases with almost 10,000 now infected across the world
- Coronavirus death toll rises to over 200 — As it developed
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 56, five US cases confirmed: Everything we know
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 80, five US cases confirmed: Everything we know
- Coronavirus death toll jumps above 80, five US cases confirmed: Everything we know
- Coronavirus cases pass 1,300 as virus hits Europe and Australia: Everything we know
- Vietnamese film industry promotes national identity, diversity
Vietnam successfully produces first batch of Russian Covid-19 vaccine have 543 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.