France has remained one of the largest pepper buyers in the E.U. that does not only import pepper for domestic consumption but also for re-export to other European countries.
From January to July, Vietnam's pepper accounted for 37.2 percent of France's total imports, an increase from 30.72 percent over the same period last year, and the Vietnamese product fetched higher prices in the European country, the agency quoted data from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union, as saying.
In Vietnam, black pepper was sold at 76,000 – 80,000 VND (3.34-3.51 USD) per kg in mid-September, up 2 – 2.7 percent from the end of August. White pepper fetched 119,000 VND in the middle of this month, up 1.7 percent from the end of August and 77.6 percent year-on-year.
Pepper prices are likely to rise further in the coming time as Vietnam is gradually relaxing social distancing measures, prompting traders to increase buying to meeting demand for exports.
- Cambodia’s pepper exports soar over 500 percent in first eight months
- Vietnam sees USD3.7bn import surplus in first eight months
- Vietnam’s farm produce exports to Australia surge
- Seven-month credit in HCMC rises 5.8 percent
- Laos sees highest inflation rise in 11 months
- The Latest: Pakistan sees surging infections, deaths
- Viet Nam's steel sales increase due to exports
- Rubber exports enjoy growth during January-July
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 2
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 29
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 5
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 8
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 3
- Vietnam's steel sales increase due to exports
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 6
- Việt Nam's steel sales increase due to exports
- Việt Nam’s farm produce exports to Australia surge
Vietnam sees surges in pepper exports to France in seven months have 270 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.