Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam exported to France 2,860 tonnes of pepper for 8.18 million EUR (9.6 million USD) in the first 7 months of this year, up 28.6 percent in volume and 44.3 percent in value against a year earlier, according to the Ministry of Industry and Trade's Agency of Foreign Trade.
From January to July, Vietnam's pepper accounted for 37.2 percent of France's total imports, an increase from 30.72 percent over the same period last year, and the Vietnamese product fetched higher prices in the European country, the agency quoted data from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union, as saying.
In Vietnam, black pepper was sold at 76,000 – 80,000 VND (3.34-3.51 USD) per kg in mid-September, up 2 – 2.7 percent from the end of August. White pepper fetched 119,000 VND in the middle of this month, up 1.7 percent from the end of August and 77.6 percent year-on-year.
Pepper prices are likely to rise further in the coming time as Vietnam is gradually relaxing social distancing measures, prompting traders to increase buying to meeting demand for exports./.
- Half of lost Saudi oil to remain offline for a month: S&P
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 13
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 14
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 15
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 15
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 13
- Deal signed to boost Vietnamese farm produce exports to Singapore
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 14
- Vietnam records surplus in trade with Canada
- Vietnam set to outperform Southeast Asia in 2019 GDP growth
- METALEX Vietnam 2019 officially kicked off
- Quality management and traceability to increase fruit exports
- UPDATE 2-European stocks pull back following Brexit, trade-driven surge
- France urges Germany to follow its example with budget stimulus
- Record-setting export results in first two months
- Five-month trade surplus surges
- Ten-month exports almost equal 2017 record
- Vietnam's plastic import up slightly in 9 months
- Garment and textile exports increase 10.5 percent in seven months
- Vietnam's chemical import up slightly in 9 months
Vietnam sees surges in pepper exports to France in 7 months have 327 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.