The Ministry of Health registered 11,172 coronavirus cases in Vietnam on Monday, along with 11,200 discharged patients and 381 fatalities.
Thirty-five provinces and cities confirmed 11,168 domestic cases whereas the country recorded four separate imported infections, the health ministry said.
The ministry had logged 12,017 locally-infected patients on Sunday.
More than 5,900 of the latest domestic cases were detected in the community, with the remaining found in sectioned-off areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City documented 5,446 local infections, Binh Duong Province 3,651, Dong Nai Province 768, Long An Province 327, Tien Giang Province 161, Tay Ninh Province 142, Can Tho City 68, Hanoi 41, and Da Nang 13.
Vietnam has confirmed 620,165 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged in the country on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City tops the list with 303,475 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 160,669, Dong Nai Province with 35,584, Long An Province with 28,486, Tien Giang Province with 12,366, Dong Thap Province with 7,891, Khanh Hoa Province with 7,309, Da Nang with 4,824, Hanoi with 4,053, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 3,901.
By comparison, Vietnam confirmed a combined 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 11,200 recoveries on Monday, taking the total to 385,778.
The toll has surged to 15,660 deaths after the ministry documented 381 fatalities on the same day, including 228 in Ho Chi Minh City, 52 in Dong Thap Province, and 32 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has logged 624,547 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first struck it early last year.
Health workers have given around 29.2 million vaccine doses, including 1,066,948 shots on Sunday, since vaccination was rolled out on March 8.
More than 5.3 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Hospital-infection control work key task of health sector
- VN hospitals fall short of infection control targets
- Where is the Black Death plague now, where is the case in the US, how many died in Madagascar and could it hit the UK?
- What is the Black Death, what are the bubonic plague symptoms and when was the Great Plague of London?
- Agent Orange May Be Responsible For More Veteran Deaths Than The Government Is Willing To Recognize
- British ISIS bride Shamima Begum’s baby died on Thursday after being taken to hospital with lung infection
- Death rates up for 5 of the 12 leading causes of death: Life expectancy of babies has DROP for the first time in years as rates of death from suicide, accidents, Alzheimer's and liver disease soar
- Liver cancer death rates rise, even as overall U.S. cancer death rates fall
- Liberian Woman Likely Spread Ebola A Year After Infection, Doctors Say
- President Tran Dai Quang of Vietnam Dies of Unspecified ‘Rare and Toxic Virus’
- The Latest: Doctor: Migrant child's death preventable
- What Is Toxic Shock Syndrome? Model Lost Leg From Tampon Infection
- McCain's Vietnam Jailer Recalls Tough POW
- Lady of the Last Chance: Lawyer Makes Her Mark Getting Convicts off Death Row
- Influenza Prevention: Child Dies After Flu Diagnosis, Cause Of Death Unconfirmed
- Trump Blames Democrats for Migrant Child Deaths at US Border
- Rat Fever Has Killed Dozens Following Deadly Floods in India, Reports Show
- Flamethrower Execution, Death Camps and Famine: North Korea's Gruesome Human Rights Abuses
- Camp Fire Death Toll Now at 48; Many Still Missing
- Nikki Haley Contradicts Donald Trump, Blames Otto Warmbier's Death on 'Cruelty' of North Korean Regime
Vietnam reports 11,172 coronavirus infections, 381 deaths have 559 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.