The Ministry of Health confirmed 10,508 COVID-19 cases throughout Vietnam on Tuesday, together with 12,638 discharged patients and 276 fatalities.
Thirty-three provinces and cities reported 10,496 domestic cases whereas the country logged 12 separate imported infections, the health ministry said.
The ministry had recorded 11,168 locally-infected patients on Monday.
More than 6,700 of the latest domestic cases were detected in the community, with the remaining found in sectioned-off areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City registered 6,312 local infections, up by 866 patients from yesterday; Binh Duong Province 2,178, down by 1,473; Dong Nai Province 777, Long An Province 379, Kien Giang Province 157; An Giang Province 111; Tien Giang Province 102; Hanoi 21; and Da Nang 11.
Vietnam has detected 630,661 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged in the country on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City stays atop the list with 309,787 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 162,847, Dong Nai Province with 36,361, Long An Province with 28,865, Tien Giang Province with 12,468, Dong Thap Province with 7,923, Khanh Hoa Province with 7,353, Da Nang with 4,835, Hanoi with 4,074, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 3,915.
By comparison, Vietnam confirmed a combined 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 12,638 recoveries on Tuesday, taking the total to 398,461.
The toll has increased to 15,936 deaths after the ministry documented 276 fatalities on the same day, including 199 in Ho Chi Minh City, 41 in Binh Duong Province, and 12 in Dong Nai Province.
Vietnam has reported 635,055 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first struck it early last year.
Health workers have given around 30.3 million vaccine doses, including 1,021,602 shots on Monday, since vaccination was rolled out on March 8.
Over 5.6 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- April 17: Vietnam reports no new coronavirus cases, 22 convalescents
- August 13: Vietnam reports 25 new coronavirus cases, tally hits 905
- April 8: Vietnam reports two new coronavirus cases, convalescents double
- Vietnam records 40 new coronavirus cases as Hai Duong outbreak still hard to control
- Mumbai: Dharavi reports 10 new coronavirus cases, tally reaches 4,148
- COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports 405 New Coronavirus Cases, 2 Additional Deaths
- Vietnam reports 49 domestic coronavirus cases on second day of new lunar year
- COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports 296 New Coronavirus Cases, 9 Additional Deaths
- China reports 22 new coronavirus cases on mainland
- China reports 22 new coronavirus cases, including 16 in Xinjiang
- Thailand reports seven new coronavirus cases, bringing total to 82
- Thailand reports 28 new coronavirus cases, 2 new deaths
- Yemen reports nine new coronavirus cases in Aden, two more deaths
- Thailand reports 3 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths
- COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports 374 New Coronavirus Cases Over Last 48 Hours
- China reports 28 new coronavirus cases, including 21 in Beijing
- COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports 224 New Coronavirus Cases, 2 Additional Deaths
- COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports 200 New Coronavirus Cases, 1 Additional Death
- China reports 27 new coronavirus cases, including 22 in Beijing
- Thailand reports 8 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths
Vietnam reports 10,508 new coronavirus cases in 33 provinces, cities have 490 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.