The three localities with the highest numbers of infection are Ho Chi Minh City with 5,735 cases, Binh Duong with 2,998 cases and Dong Nai with 567 cases.
The results came as 206,892 tests had been conducted on 884,347 samples in the past 24 hours, with several samples grouped together for one test.
239 deaths were recorded to the national database on Thursday, including 160 in Ho Chi Minh City, the city’s lowest in 40 days.
The day’s fatalities also include 46 in Binh Duong, 10 in Long An, nine in Tien Giang, three each in Nghe An and Kien Giang, two each in Tay Ninh and Ben Tre, and one each in Thanh Hoa, Khanh Hoa, Ca Mau and Hanoi.
The total coronavirus death tally so far is 16,425 cases, accounting for around 2.5 percent of all infections.
Also on Thursday, 10,901 Covid-19 patients were announced recovered, bringing the number of recovered cases so far to 423,551.
Vietnam’s coronavirus tally in the new wave has risen to 651,727, while the number of infections since the pandemic broke out stands at 656,129, ranking 47th of 222 countries and territories.
The country has vaccinated over 32.2 million people with at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot. Over 5.9 million have been fully vaccinated.
“Medicine package for Covid-19 patients” campaign aims to support patients self-isolating at home. Each donation worth VND380,000 ($16.65) can help buy medicine for one patient. For more information regarding donation methods, kindly refer to this link .
- 5 free screen-recording apps for Linux
- Florida restaurant manager facing deportation despite being married to citizen, no criminal record
- Korea to support Vietnam developing national investment information system
- Former ambassador to Vietnam: Trump wanted me to send back refugees
- Archaeologists uncover ancient trading network in Vietnam
- How Red Bull captured a 1,200-mile trek through Vietnam for ‘Blood Road’
- Who are the suspects in the cold case murders of Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman?
- Who Killed the Virtual Case File?
- Record Store Day 2013: Vinyl Strikes Back
- Weekly Rewind: Vinyl records worth more than your car, Prime Day prep, AI rights
- The best turntables for Record Store Day 2018
- San Antonio Good Samaritan reports five dogs were abandoned, not four, in viral video case
- The Latest: AP, others seek warrants in serial killer case
- These drool-worthy albums are among the most expensive vinyl records on Earth
- The Case of the Vanishing Frogs
- Cellophane-Like Implant Records From Both the Surface and Interior of the Human Brain
- San Antonio dog abandonment case forwarded to DA’s office
- Human-caused warming increasing likelihood of record-breaking hot years
- Stockholm Tech Fest: The Local's Blog
- FBI to help unlock an iPhone in Arkansas murder case
Vietnam records 10,482 local Covid cases have 409 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.