A plane carrying approximately 400,000 doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine donated by the Japanese Government arrived in Vietnam on September 25, according to the Ministry of Health.
The shipment announced by Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi earlier this month has raised the total number of AstraZeneca vaccine doses donated to Vietnam to 3.58 million.
Vietnamese Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said vaccine donations from foreign countries, including Japan, have contributed greatly to the COVID-19 fight in Vietnam.
Long revealed that Vietnam is the first country in Southeast Asia that has received vaccine donations from Japan.
Vietnam has so far received nearly 53 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines of different brands such as AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Vero Cell and Sputnik V.
As of September 24, 37.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered nationwide, with 7.3 million receiving their second dose.
- Vietnam set to start Covid-19 vaccine trial on people this month
- Russian Research Centre Vector Receives Patents for COVID-19 Vaccine
- Kenya Launches Human Trials of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Johnson & Johnson Launches Final-Stage COVID-19 Vaccine Trial
- Made-in-Vietnam COVID-19 vaccine scheduled for human trial this month
- Pfizer Says COVID-19 Vaccine 90% Effective in Trials
- Scientists See Downsides to Top COVID-19 Vaccines from Russia, China
- Vietnam may begin human trials of Covid-19 vaccine this month
- Two Drugmakers Resume US Tests of COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccines Based on New Platforms Should Be Checked After Phase 3 Trials, Doctor Says
- Johnson & Johnson’s Single-Shot COVID-19 Vaccine Moves to Final Trial Stage
- Peru Set to Host Phase 3 of COVID-19 Vaccine Clinical Trials
- Pfizer, BioNTech say their COVID-19 vaccine is more than 90% effective
- Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine needs to be thawed from -94F and has to be used within five days: State officials scramble to carry out 'very complex' plans and overcome logistical challenges in administering jabs to Americans
- Covid-19 vaccine breakthrough: America has 100m doses of Pfizer shot that 'prevents 90%' of people from catching the virus - Trump celebrates the news he must wish had a come a week ago
- Only a 'small chance' of a Covid-19 vaccine by Xmas: Oxford scientist says its jab unlikely to be rolled out this year as taskforce chief admits only 4million doses are ready - but NHS says it's 'ready to fire starting gun' as soon as one is approved
- What a coincidence! Russia says THEIR Covid-19 vaccine is also 90% effective, an hour after Pfizer breakthrough made headlines around the world
- India is looking to secure 600 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by leveraging its manufacturing capacity
- India is looking to secure 600 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine by leveraging its manufacturing capacity
- US plans to start Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine shots in December this year
Vietnam receives 400,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine from Japan have 423 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.