Hanoi (VNA) – The State-run Vietnam News Agency (VNA) should develop into a professional, modern multimedia agency, according to an instruction of Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh.
The requirement is part of the PM's conclusions on the agency's operation and development orientations in the new period, which was detailed in a document announced by the Government's Office following a working session between the Government leader and the VNA’s management on September 14,
At the session, PM Chinh hailed the agency for its firm political mettle and outstanding completion of its assigned tasks, saying that the agency has made important contributions to the country's achievements over the past 35 years of reform.
At the same time, he took note of difficulties and challenges that VNA is facing, as well as its limitations and shortcomings, including those regarding personnel quality and infrastructure, saying they should be tackled soon.
The PM said the agency needs to change the mindset in leadership and management, take specific measures to improve its operation towards professionalism and modernity, consolidate its apparatus, and step up digitalisation.
The VNA must reform strongly to improve its position and role on the front of ideology, information and communications, and better popularise guidelines of the Party and policies and laws of the State, thus helping to create social consensus, raise people's knowledge and promote the culture and people of Vietnam .
In any circumstances, the VNA should successfully fulfill its political tasks entrusted by the Party, State and people, as a trustworthy news agency, the PM stressed.
He required the agency to carry forward the spirit of innovations and self-reliance, adding that difficulties and challenges should be turned into development momentum and opportunities.
The Government leader urged the VNA to quickly finalise a project on building the VNA into a professional and modern multimedia agency to submit for approval.
The agency should raise the efficiency of international cooperation, further support traditional friends, maintain partnerships with the world's major news agencies and training programmes with international partners, while coordinating with ministries, agencies and localities in building and implementing information products promoting Vietnam's image, thus serving the country's international integration as well as national defence./.
- Vietnam asks for China’s cooperation over resolving differences at sea
- State-run news agencies of Vietnam, Algeria urged to bolster cooperation
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 23
- VNA, Vietnamese representative agencies abroad to enhance information cooperation
- Vietnam needs full market economy: experts
- Vietnam confirms 416th COVID-19 patient, return of community transmission
- Digital transformation key to media agencies' survival: seminar
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – July 27
- Experts’ consensus: Việt Nam has favourable factors for neobanks to develop
- AMRO economist impressed with Vietnam’s achievements since joining ASEAN
- Đồng Tháp authorities seek ways to develop e-commerce
- Foreigners’ news reports, academic writings highlight pressing local issues
- Vietnam hopes for more RoK support to tackle post-war bomb consequences
- Vietnam Energy Summit 2020: Perfecting mechanisms for energy sector development
- Vietnam shows outstanding role as ASEAN Chair: Lao minister
- Vietnam plays huge role in 25-year ASEAN development: Russian expert
- Vietnam’s entry into ASEAN opens new chapter in Southeast Asia relations: Ambassador
- Vietnam an invaluable member of ASEAN Community: Philippine Ambassador
- Malaysian scholars speak highly of Vietnam as Chair of ASEAN
- E-cabinet system a stride forward in e-government building in Vietnam
Vietnam News Agency develops toward professional, modern multimedia agency have 574 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.