The Ministry of Health reported 10,489 coronavirus cases throughout Vietnam on Thursday, alongside 10,901 discharged patients and 239 fatalities.
Thirty-seven provinces and cities recorded 10,482 domestic cases whereas the country logged seven separate imported infections, the health ministry said.
The ministry had documented 10,583 locally-infected patients on Wednesday.
Over 6,500 of the latest domestic cases were found in the community, with the remaining detected in sectioned-off areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City registered 5,735 local infections, up by 434 patients from yesterday; Binh Duong Province 2,998, down by 230; Dong Nai Province 567, Long An Province 281, Kien Giang Province 198; An Giang Province 126; Hanoi 15; and Da Nang two.
Vietnam has confirmed 651,726 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged in the country on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City is on top of the list with 320,823 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 169,073, Dong Nai Province with 37,736, Long An Province with 29,570, Tien Giang Province with 12,642, Dong Thap Province with 8,001, Khanh Hoa Province with 7,423, Da Nang with 4,846, Hanoi with 4,103, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 3,962.
By comparison, Vietnam detected a combined 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in the previous three waves.
The health ministry documented 10,901 recoveries on Thursday, bringing the total to 423,551.
The toll has soared to 16,425 deaths after the ministry logged 239 fatalities on the same day, including 160 in Ho Chi Minh City and 46 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has reported 656,129 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered around 32.3 million vaccine doses, including 715,550 shots on Wednesday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
Nearly six million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- The best Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus cases and covers
- Leaked Slides Reveal Premium Nexus 7 Accessories: POGO Dock, Premium Leather Case And More Colors On The Way
- Can Southeast Asia’s largest mixed-use development revitalise Vietnam?
- League Of Legends MSI 2019 Goes To Vietnam, Taiwan
- ngxtop – Monitor Nginx Log Files in Real Time in Linux
- Petiti – An Open Source Log Analysis Tool for Linux SysAdmins
- How to Install Splunk Log Analyzer on CentOS 7
- Jayme Closs: 911 dispatch log released from night of Wisconsin teen's disappearance
- Washington Post Correction: Nathan Phillips ‘Was Never Deployed to Vietnam’
- Installation of Ubuntu 19.04 (Disco Dingo) Desktop on UEFI Firmware Systems
- Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL case & screen protector reviews: Because breaking an $800+ phone would really suck
- Everything you need to know about MLB The Show 19
- Best Amazon Fire HD 10 Cases in 2019
- OnePlus Camera v2.7.19 adds Google Lens shortcut [APK Download]
- Kase iPhone cases and Lightning cables don't detract from Apple's design
- IPVanish comes clean about no-logging accusations
- Crypto Mining Attacks Hit Kazakhstan, Vietnam Hardest, US Least Affected, Kaspersky Says
- What is Hybrid Log Gamma and why should you care?
- How to log in to Android TV if you're using the Google Advanced Protection Program
- Google Gets Serious On Android App Access To Call Logs, SMS Permissions
Vietnam logs 10,489 additional COVID-19 cases have 500 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.