The vaccine is produced by the Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd. (BIBP) and packaged in the UAE.
Vietnam's Ministry of Health has allowed a domestic company to import 30 million doses of Hayat-Vax, a Chinese Covid-19 vaccine packaged in the UAE.
|Hayat-Vax Covid-19 vaccine. Photo: Vimedimex|
Hanoi-based Vimedimex Medi – Pharma JSC needs to take responsibility for the origin and quality of the vaccine safely and effectively as it pledged to.
The doses are scheduled to arrive in Vietnam at the end of the next week.
On Sept 10, the health ministry approved Hayat-Vax for emergency use, making it the 7th vaccine to be endorsed in the country after AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Moderna, Sputnik V, and Vero Cell.
Hayat-Vax, which will be imported to Vietnam, is produced by the Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd. (BIBP), China. The semi-product is packaged by the UAE-based Julphar (Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries).
The vaccine is the first indigenous Covid-19 vaccine in the Arab world that is manufactured by a newly created joint venture between Sinopharm China National Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd. (CNBG) and G42, the leading technology company based in Abu Dhabi.
In 2020, Sinopharm CNBG and G42 collaborated on conducting 4Humanity, the world's first phase III clinical trial of inactivated vaccines across the Pan Arab region, with over 43,000 volunteers participating from over 125 countries, according to the Precision Vaccinations.
Based on initial results, Hayat-Vax is 78.89% effective against Covid-19 after the two doses taken three weeks (+7 days) apart, according to Assoc. Prof. Trinh Van Lau, former head of Vietnam's National Institute of Drug Quality Control.
According to him, this vaccine will be checked six times before it will be used in Vietnam. The testing was firstly taken by Sinopharm or the World Health Organization (WHO) before it was transported to the UAE; the UAE's health ministry tested and recognized it "meets technical standards"; for the 3rd time, Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries in the UAE performed a single check on the quality before dosing and packing into vials; then the UAE health ministry approves each batch for export, before shipping to Vietnam.
Once it arrives in Vietnam, the local authorities will check and test the quality before vaccination.
As of Sept 21, Vietnam has administered over 35.15 million vaccine doses, fully vaccinating more than six million people or around 7% of the country's total population.
- Vietnam to acquire 30 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses from Britain
- India to supply 30 million Covid-19 vaccine doses to Bangladesh
- Vietnam considers purchasing 30 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines from the UK
- Govt allows import, export of Covid-19 vaccine without any value limitation
- Vietnam seeks to buy 30 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine from UK
- Over 70 Percent of U.S. COVID Vaccine Doses Remain Unused Across the Country
- Philippines secures 30 million Novavax vaccine doses
- UK chief medical officers defend delay of second Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine doses
- UK decision to delay second Covid-19 vaccine dose is dubious
- VN secures 30 million doses of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine, in talks to manufacture Russia's Sputnik V
- Trump administration is negotiating deal with Pfizer to produce tens of millions more vaccine doses next year - as current order will cover just 16 per cent of the population
- US could soon give 1 million Covid-19 vaccinations a day, says Anthony Fauci
- Anthony Fauci Says Life May Be 'Quite Normal' by Fall With 1 Million Daily COVID Vaccines
- South Africa to get 1.5 million COVID-19 vaccines from India
- VN secures 30 million doses of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine
- Health chiefs reveal UK will get FOUR MILLION vaccine doses by the end of the year as first batch arrives at London hospital and successful way to deliver it to care homes is found
- First Oxford Covid vaccine doses arrive at UK hospitals with 530,000 jabs to be rolled out from Monday
- Korea Secures 10 Million More Moderna Vaccines
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 30
- FDA tells US health providers not to modify COVID-19 vaccine dose schedule
Vietnam allows to import of 30 million Hayat-Vax vaccine doses have 632 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.