Long, 39, is the grandson of the bank's former chairman Phuong Huu Viet. He has nearly 15 years of experience working with financial institutions and banks, and did not hold any shares of the bank as of April 24.
New chairman of VietABank Phuong Thanh Long. Photo courtesy of VietABank
Also Wednesday, the bank appointed Nguyen Van Trong, 51, as its acting general director. Trong had been a deputy general director since June, 2020.
As of April 24, Viet Phuong Investment Group JSC and Rang Dong JSC are the largest shareholders of VietABank, holding 12.21 percent and 7.35 percent shares, respectively.
The bank earned pre-tax profits of nearly VND396 billion ($17.41 million) in the first half of this year, surging 165 percent over the same period in 2020, thanks to increased interest from credit activities and a sharp reduction in provisioning expenses.
Its total assets value fell by 4 percent from the beginning of this year to VND83 trillion.
- Italy's top court cancels ex-Carige chairman sentence, new trial to be held in Milan
- Carl Fletcher: Leyton Orient appoint ex-Plymouth boss as head coach
- Huawei Ex-VP sales P Sanjeev joins Ampere Vehicles as COO
- Mike Phelan and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer behind Man Utd’s delay to appoint technical director
- Govt extends CBDT Chairman Mody's tenure
- NBC News boss Andy Lack needs to get off New York tourism board, women's group says
- PMC Bank scam: Ex-director sent in police custody till Oct 22
- Elijah Cummings' new power for investigating Trump
- Steve Baker, the ex-Brexit minister hell-bent on torpedoing May's Chequers plan
- Ex-Everton star Kevin Mirallas lifts lid on failed Tottenham move - ‘I was very shocked'
- Phil Parkinson: Sunderland name ex-Bolton Wanderers boss as manager
- Elon Musk to Resign as Tesla Chairman, Pay $20 Million Fine in SEC Settlement Over Catastrophic '420' Tweet
- POLITICO Playbook: Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings dies
- Experience, not nationality, key for new CEO at France's Renault: Minister
- Ex-Ukraine ambassador speaks of ouster after ‘false claims,’ denies being ‘disloyal’ to Trump
- Ex-Ukraine envoy Volker meets with lawmakers amid impeachment probe, as texts reveal ‘quid pro quo’ dispute
- Arundhati Bhattacharya to be SWIFT India Chairman
- New Naga Munchetty controversy after hundreds of viewers complain about BBC Breakfast interviews with rapper Professor Green and Tory MP James Cleverly
- Brexit deal today... or MORE delay until 2020: Boris Johnson fights to win over the DUP and Tory 'Spartans' to seal a deal - but Arlene Foster warns she doesn't 'trust' the PM and ex-minister brands package ‘unacceptable’
- Mahindra may take on non-exec role
VietABank appoints ex-chairman’s grandson as new chairman have 392 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.