- Silent hero behind the wheel takes hundreds of COVID patients to medical facilities
- 88 per cent of Vietnamese households negatively affected by COVID-19
- HCM City businesses eager to resume, but regulation, worker availability worries linger
- 8,537 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Việt Nam on Friday
- Việt Nam successfully produces Sputnik V vaccine
HÀ NỘI – The seventh online meeting of the ASEAN Coordinating Council Working Group on Public Health Emergencies (ACCWG-PHE) was held on Monday.
Deputy Foreign Minister Nguyễn Quốc Dũng, head of the ASEAN SOM Việt Nam, led a Vietnamese delegation to the event.
Dũng hailed the progress of implementing ASEAN initiatives on coping with COVID-19 and suggested the bloc step up vaccine purchase for its member states and encourage the sharing of vaccines on a voluntary basis to help countries in demand.
He also proposed regional states make further contributions to the ASEAN COVID-19 response fund and ASEAN reserve of medical supplies.
Việt Nam is completing internal procedures to announce a list of contributions to the regional reserve of medical supplies and working actively with member states to soon put the ASEAN Centre for Public Health Emergencies and Emerging Diseases (ACPHEED) into effective operation, he said.
Speaking highly of achievements in the implementation of the ASEAN Comprehensive Recovery Framework, he suggested to continue focusing on promoting economic recovery and mitigating the negative impacts of the pandemic on residents in the region.
Participants agreed that ASEAN will evenly distribute about 100,000 – 250,000 doses of vaccine to each nation depending on types of vaccine, striving to deliver the first batch of vaccine in the fourth quarter this year and continue in the first quarter of 2022.
They also recommended ASEAN leaders adopt the ASEAN Travel Corridor Arrangement Framework (ATCAF) and continue discussing the possibility of adopting "vaccine passport". —VNS
- Ebola created a public health emergency—and we weren’t ready for it
- U.S. county declares public health emergency over 1st possible community spread of COVID-19
- Florida governor declares public health emergency after state records first coronavirus cases
- Viet Nam Energy Plan 2.0 makes stronger case for renewable energy
- Coronavirus is China's biggest health emergency, says Xi
- New Coronavirus: Florida Under Health Emergency
- Australian doctors warn of overwhelmed public health system in event of coronavirus pandemic
- Trump Put Mike Pence In Charge Of The Coronavirus Response. Public Health Experts Aren't Having It.
- Potential for Viet Nam-US farm produce trade remains huge
- Coronavirus: World Health Organisation says virus not a global health emergency
- Public health experts raise alarm as coronavirus spreads
- Dr. Marc Siegel: Coronavirus public health response has been handled well; we have right leaders at helm
- Lexington Public Health Statement On Coronavirus
- American soldier, 23, based in South Korea is diagnosed with coronavirus as public health offiicials warn spread in the US is inevitable
- Boris Johnson warns coronavirus is 'likely to spread' further in Britain as he hails NHS staff as UK's 'greatest asset' in face of outbreak on visit to Public Health England infection control HQ
- About 30 labs in Việt Nam capable of testing for COVID-19
- Lockdown on Việt Nam's COVID-19 cluster lifted, starting today
- Việt Nam develops early treatment plan for COVID-19
- Việt Nam looks to build ASEAN community by 2025
- Việt Nam Energy Plan 2.0 makes stronger case for renewable energy
Việt Nam attends meeting of ACC working group on public health emergencies have 549 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.