The northern and north-central provinces of Vietnam are forecast to see heavy rain on Monday, with chances of flash floods, landslides, and inundation, while the Central Highlands and southern regions face the likelihood of thunderstorms.
The north-central area on Monday morning reported rainfall of 50-100 millimeters, even up to 120 millimeters in some places, according to the National Center for Hydrometeorological Forecasting.
The heavy rain was accompanied by chances for flash floods, landslides, and local inundation in low-lying and waterfront areas.
On the same day, mid-central, south-central, Central Highlands, and southern provinces may see precipitation ranging from 30 to 60 millimeters, with anomalies of up to 80 millimeters in several areas, in the afternoon and evening due to the impacts of the southwest monsoon.
In light of these weather events, residents should stay highly vigilant, looking out for strange geological happenings, and evacuate from areas at high risk of flash floods, the Steering Committee for Disaster Prevention and Search and Rescue recommended.
Authorities of at-risk locales should check up on unsafe houses in mountainous and waterfront areas, as well as prepare plans to vacate residents from flood-prone areas to safer sites.
Functional forces should also be mobilized to maneuver traffic in flooding zones and fix imminent issues on the road systems.
- Torrential rain gives way to clear skies with sunshine forecast for next week after a weekend of heavy downpours left roads flooded and saw football matches cancelled
- Pictures and video: Chaos in north-east as torrential rain causes flooding
- Torrential rain, flooding cause serious damage across several localities
- Torrential Rains Lash Japan, Authorities Order 80,000 To Evacuate
- Danang beaches suffer waste following torrential rains
- Typhoon-battered regions in Japan further lashed by torrential rain
- Death toll rises as torrential rain and floods batter Spain
- One dead, four missing as torrential rain pounds NE Spain
- Torrential rain leaves over 20 dead in north Ghana
- Torrential Rains, Landslides Kill 10 In Japan, 3 Reported Missing
- More than 200 flood warnings and alerts are in place across Britain as a weekend of torrential rain leaves rivers close to bursting point while temperatures plunge to below freezing overnight
- Non-Tropical storm, Tropical Depression 17 to Combine Forces and Unleash Drenching Rain
- Travel warning: Torrential downpours and extreme flooding threaten Spain, France and Italy
- Night on the SLIPPERY tiles! Drinkers in Leeds brave the deluge as THREE WEEKS of rain drenches Britain in space of 36 hours - with UK on flood alert today
- Death toll climbs to 10 as heavy rains hit typhoon-ravaged eastern Japan
- Thousands admit to not slowing down in the wet as 16 people are injured every day it rains
- Fresh rains slam storm-drenched Japan, killing at least four
- Heavy rain, flooding kills 8 in Egypt
- Storm-hit areas in Japan battered by heavy rains, at least 80,000 ordered to evacuate
- Storm-hit areas in Japan battered by heavy rains, one dead, evacuations ordered
Torrential rain persists across Vietnam have 461 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.