South Korean President Moon Jae-in (R) meets with Vietnamese State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc in New York on September 21 on the sidelines of the 76th UN General Assembly.
President Moon announced the vaccine donation plan during his meeting with Vietnamese President Nguyen Xuan Phuc in New York on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly's 76th session on September 21 (New York time).
According to President Moon, the vaccine donation to Vietnam will be South Korea's first direct provision of the vaccine to a foreign nation, except for its financial support through the COVAX Facility. The vaccine is expected to be sent to Vietnam in October.
Thanking the South Korean Government for timely vaccine support, President Phuc emphasized that Vietnam would continue to create favourable conditions for South Korean firms to do business in the country.
Vietnam will ensure human resources and protect the health of Korean individuals and businesses in their host country, Phuc assured Moon.
The Vietnamese President also hoped that relevant agencies of the two Governments would work closely to support their citizens to have a safe and stable life in their respective countries during the current pandemic time.
The two leaders shared the view that the two countries are each other's best partners that have deepened their cooperation in various fields, including politics, economy and people-to-people diplomacy.
They agreed to promote the Vietnam –South Korea partnership to new heights in 2022 to commemorate 30 years of diplomacy.
The two countries upgraded their relationship to a level of the strategic cooperative partnership in 2009.
- Joe Biden outlines COVID-19 vaccine plan, set to miss global-sharing goal
- Which Countries Will Receive America's Donated Covid-19 Vaccine Doses?
- Joe Biden outlines vaccine plan, set to miss global-sharing goal
- With First Dibs on Vaccines, Rich Countries Have ‘Cleared the Shelves’
- SK Group donates US$1 million to Viet Nam’s vaccine fund
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 19
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 18
- U.S. has shared fewer than 10 million vaccines despite Biden's 80 million goal
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 28
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 29
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 26
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 27
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 3
- The Places Still Targeting ‘Zero COVID’
- Biden outlines vaccine plan, set to miss global-sharing goal
- Vaccine donations to Taiwan strengthened democratic partnerships | Opinion
- World Of Forbes: Stories Of Entrepreneurial Capitalism Across Our 36 International Editions
South Korea to donate one million doses of Covid-19 vaccine to Vietnam have 405 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.