Singer Phi Nhung, 51, passed away today after more than a month of COVID-19 treatment at Cho Ray Hospital, HCM City.
Singer Phi Nhung is loved by audiences for her Vietnamese Bolero songs. — Photo baotintuc.vn
According to the singer’s representative, despite being treated with all kinds of techniques, including ECMO intervention, her condition deteriorated.
Previously, in July, Nhung postponed her plan to return to the US to reunite with her daughter because she wanted to continue to stay in HCM City to do volunteer work during the outbreak.
Phi Nhung, whose full name is Pham Phi Nhung, was a Vietnamese-American singer famous for her talent in Vietnamese bolero, folk, and country music.
She was born on April 10, 1972, in Gia Lai Province, located in Vietnam's Central Highlands region, to a Vietnamese mother and an American serviceman father before emigrating to the United States in 1989.
In 2005, Phi Nhung returned to Vietnam to pursue her Vietnamese bolero career.
The famous singer adopted many orphans, including sponsoring the winner of The Voice Kids 2016 – Ho Van Cuong to study until the age of 18.
Phi Nhung was loved by audiences for lyrical folk songs such as Dien Dien Flower, In love with a Ben Tre Girl.
In her artistic career, the vocalist was considered a “stage lover” with singer Manh Quynh, with the two often performed great duets on stage.
She also acted as a judge for music competitions such as Solo with bolero, Listen to me sing…
With her efforts, the female singer gradually conquered fans with her sweet, deep voice.
- Hall of Famer and Olympic gold medalist Anne Donovan dies
- George Kolombatovich, Fencing Coach at Columbia and the Met, Dies at 72
- The Last of the Iron Lungs
- Live stream: Franklin begins journey to cemetery
- Live stream: Rev. Jesse Jackson remembers Aretha Franklin
- Autopsy of ex-NBA player Butler reveals cause of death
- Tigers tab Auburn pitcher Casey Mize with top draft pick
- College World Series team capsules
- Preacher's Boy
- Something Just Wasn’t Right
- A race against suicide: Why this former Olympian is opening up
- Pink remembers smoking 'a lot of weed' while filming her first music video she could barely keep her eyes open
- NBA Star Power Index: LeBron's Western Conference reality check; Steph Curry, Kawhi Leonard, Giannis in MVP form
- The King and I - an American road trip by Russell Bulgin: CAR+ archive, April 1992
- Mellinger Minutes: 6,000 words, 8 videos, a Mahomes list, Royals’ offseason, and more
- Vegas made the Golden Knights. Now the Golden Knights can remake Vegas.
- Rosie the Riveter isn’t who you think she is
Singer Phi Nhung dies of COVID-19 have 417 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.