QUẢNG NINH — Cái Lân International Container Terminal (CICT) in the northern province of Quảng Ninh on September 14 welcomed the Marshall Islands-flagged Synergy Busan with a loading capacity of over 50,000 tonnes, the first container ship of Maersk Lines to dock in the port.
The ship, which carried over 2,000 empty containers, is on one of the two pilot trips to be operated by Maersk Lines to evaluate the economic efficiency towards the opening of an international container route to Cái Lân port in the future.
To shorten the time for procedures, the People’s Committee of Quảng Ninh province has allowed relevant agencies to perform quick COVID-19 test for all crew members instead of PCR tests. However, they must ensure that there would be no direct contact between the ship’s crew members and people on shore. Other vessels are also not allowed to dock alongside the ship.
The fact that ships from the world’s largest container shipping company arriving at CICT is a positive signal that Quảng Ninh can exploit the advantages of a large deep-water port in the northern region.
Frank Van Rompaey, General Director of Cái Lân International Container Terminal Co. Ltd, said MAERSK’s container ships used to dock at the port because large ships cannot go to other ports in the area, adding that Quảng Ninh province should take this advantage to attract investment and increase local competitiveness.
He said that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused difficulties for countries all over the world but Quảng Ninh province has excelled in containing it with the adoption of strict measures.
According to Rompaey, once international container ship routes through Cái Lân port are set up, connecting with major markets in the world, especially Europe, the United States, China, Japan, the Republic of Korea and ASEAN, many great opportunities will be opened up for import and export, investment attraction and production development in the locality. — VNS
- World’s largest container ship docks at Vietnam’s Cai Mep
- Fire on Panama ship at Cai Lan Terminal
- World’s largest container ship docks in southern Vietnam
- First 75,000 tonne ship docks at Cai Lan port
- Vietnam port welcomes largest container vessel
- Cai Lan Port welcomes international container ships
- Cai Mep port welcomes one of world’s biggest container ships
- Largest container vessel arrives in Vietnam
- Largest solar-powered vessel docks at Nha Trang
- Ship for Southeast Asian Youth to dock at southern hub
- Can Tho port welcomes large ship
- Motorola Solutions docks at two local seaports
- First container vessel received at the SSIT Port
- Move to rid ports of old rubber tyres
- Ports in Mekong Delta have abundant loading capacity
- Italian minister tells foreign rescue ships to stop migrant pick ups
- Ships seized for dumping mud into Ha Long Bay
- Thousands of containers lying at Vietnam’s seaports
- T&T Group exec becomes chairman of Quang Ninh Port JSC
- Green seaports needed in Vietnam to reduce pollution from shipping operations
Ship of world’s largest container shipping company docks at Cái Lân port have 518 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.