Police in Vietnam's Central Highlands province of Dak Nong have penalized a group of seven people for getting together for a bash in violation of COVID-19 social distancing regulations.
They have been fined a total of VND70 million (US$3,060) after being caught enjoying their party at a café in the province's Dak R'Lap District last week, local police reported on Monday.
They disregarded the current COVID-19 social distancing rules under the prime minister's Directive No. 16, including mandatory face mask donning, a stay-home order, and a ban on gatherings larger than two people outside the home, police said.
"This act has defied the epidemic prevention measures, so it must be strictly punished as a warning to others," a district leader said.
Local authorities have applied safety regulations after the recent detection of over 100 coronavirus infections from two clusters in the district.
Dak Nong has documented 460 COVID-19 cases, including 174 recoveries and no fatality, since the pandemic hit the country in early 2020, according to the local Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
With 173 COVID-19 cases, Dak R'Lap is now leading the province in coronavirus infections, the committee said.
Nationwide, there have been 624,547 coronavirus infections, including 385,778 recoveries and 15,660 deaths, which is equivalent to 2.5 percent the total patient number, or 0.4 percentage points higher than the global mortality rate, the Ministry of Health reported on Monday.
Except Cao Bang, the coronavirus has spread to 62 out of the country's 63 cities and provinces, with Ho Chi Minh City topping the list with 303,995 infections and 12,220 deaths.
- Jordan v Vietnam: Park expecting 'aggressive' encounter
- Scots have chance despite absentees: Townsend
- Premier League 2018-19: Reaction more important than result for Liverpool
- Dell Inspiron 11 3000 (2015): Is It Good for Business?
- 2018-19 NBA Midseason Grades: Surprise teams join Raptors, Warriors as title contenders; two franchises earn fat F's
- Fishing report for week of March 13-19: Good bass bite up and down Central California
- 2018-19 NBA trade deadline: Each team's most excitingly interesting and most boringly realistic trade piece
- Nutt in fine form for Peppard SR
- Paul George Says His Shoulder Is Fine, but the Numbers Disagree
- Agent's Take: These seven players are the most likely candidates to get franchise tags in 2019
- France 19 Wales 24: George North steals remarkable win as French blow 16-point lead
- Sampling the Fine, Five-Cylinder Whine of the 2018 Audi RS3 and TT RS
- Seven momentum-turning Premier League results that give Fulham hope of survival
- Flight-Risk Meter for NBA's Top Restricted Free Agents
- Chelsea analysis: Sarri buys himself time despite farcical Kepa row
- England beat Pakistan by seven wickets in Cardiff
- Ranking all 39 college football bowl games for 2018-19 from the worst to the best
- NBA Rumors: Raptors Gamble On McCaw Despite Ongoing Investigation
- Monday Overreactions: Tennessee’s fine, P.J. Washington the GOAT, Texas Tech Big 12 champs?
- March Madness 2019: Zion Williamson sets doubts aside, gets ready for NCAA’s biggest party
Seven fined over $3,000 for partying despite COVID-19 restrictions in Vietnam have 485 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.